Movies on Xoom

JOHNGAETANO

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Already, I was able to use Double twist to get my music off of iTunes and into my Xoom, that was pretty simple, and all is well.

I am going on vacation next Sunday, and I am going to need some movies to watch. Typically on my iPad, I can rent or buy a movie on iTunes and simply watch it.

I need to know the following:

1. Is there anyway to get protected movies off of iTunes and into the Xoom? I would rather not spend 10 hours ripping and burning a few movies.

2. What are my choices for movie download locations? Reliable, and virus free?

3. My experience with the Xoom has been a very positive one to this point, I just need a reliable and hopefully not a time consuming method to buy/rent movies, and/or a method to get movies already purchased from iTunes into the Xoom.

Thank you!!!

crewcabrob

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'm not sure about getting the movies to your xoom, but I can tellyou that the only video player that I have found that will actually play ripped videos is Rock Player in the market. My son and I got xooms Monday and we finally found a player that will work.

We have ripped quite a few new movies this week, but he has been doing the work for me on a Linux based file server running a raid set up for speed, storage and backup.

When I got into IT 20+ years ago I would have never dreamed I would have a kid that would follow in my footsteps. I guess ofter 16 years, he actually picked up something along the way.

Good luck!

Rob

barkomatic

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Already, I was able to use Double twist to get my music off of iTunes and into my Xoom, that was pretty simple, and all is well.

I am going on vacation next Sunday, and I am going to need some movies to watch. Typically on my iPad, I can rent or buy a movie on iTunes and simply watch it.

I need to know the following:

1. Is there anyway to get protected movies off of iTunes and into the Xoom? I would rather not spend 10 hours ripping and burning a few movies.

2. What are my choices for movie download locations? Reliable, and virus free?

3. My experience with the Xoom has been a very positive one to this point, I just need a reliable and hopefully not a time consuming method to buy/rent movies, and/or a method to get movies already purchased from iTunes into the Xoom.

Thank you!!!

1. In order to get protected movies and videos that you purchased on iTunes onto your Xoom you have to remove the DRM. You will need third party software like Noteburner($$) to do this and it will take some time.

2. As far as I know, there is no place to legally purchase movies or videos for the Xoom -- but someone correct me if I'm mistaken. Most people rip their own DVD's or download content illegally.

3. I think that right now the idea is that you'll not need as much content stored locally on the Xoom--because when flash finally gets here you'll be able to watch free content available on network websites and elsewhere. I've heard rumblings that Google and perhaps other partners are planning to launch a media store that would include music, TV shows and movies for Android. However, I have a feeling it will be awhile before we see this materialize and knowing Android--it may not be available for all devices.