Xoom Update!

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Curious where you heard/read there would be an update released tonight.

And are you talking about individual apps that would be pushed, or an incremental OS update?

Also, is it a staggered release, or all Xooms at once will get it?

I did say I was curious. :)

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Curious where you heard/read there would be an update released tonight.

And are you talking about individual apps that would be pushed, or an incremental OS update?

Also, is it a staggered release, or all Xooms at once will get it?

I did say I was curious. :)

From moto's official Twitter account:

"Motorola Xoom update rolling out in phases starting tonight & includes required enhancements to support upcoming Adobe Flash 10.2."

Reactions: Drew2u

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If it was anyone else you would probably get flamed! Thanks for the heads up!

And so begins the update threads for the Xoom.

What is moto's twitter?

Edit: Found it -subscribed

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
RT @Motorola Motorola XOOM update rolling out in phases starting tonight & includes required enhancements to support upcoming Adobe� Flash� Player 10.2.

Do I have to turn on my 3g or will it update over my wifi?

Should update fine over wifi considering some Xoom owners don't have a data plan.

Last edited by a moderator:

bmbriefs

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with any update, but I hate these updates to prepare for updates. I get these all the time on my ps3.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Now the question is whether to wait until I feel like updating or unroot and accept it.

Per the Motorola Forums:

"We are happy to announce that an over-the-air update to the Motorola XOOM software will start rolling out in phases tonight to all Motroola XOOM owners on the Verizon Wireless network.

You can receive the update over a 3G or a WiFi connection. If you are not connected via WiFi or 3G, or your Motorola XOOM is off when the notification arrives, you will see the notification when you next connect to a wireless network.

If you have unlocked/rooted your Motorola XOOM, you must restore it to the standard software load and relock your device to receive the notification. Owners who have unlocked/rooted can find more information here in the Motorola Xoom unlock / non-standard area of Motorola Owners' Forums"

Last edited by a moderator:

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I just rooted! Owell ill unroot when flash drops. Might be able to flash a update zip with adb. We shall know soon.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

preViously

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
The update for the Xoom is kinda lame. Here are the release notes:

"
Introduction
We are pleased to announce the new software update for the Motorola XOOM. The software update
includes numerous enhancements. Install today for peak performance.

For more information on Motorola updates and product support, visit us at Motorola XOOM™ Customer Support Selector

Who Can Use This Release
ALL Motorola XOOM users.

After downloading and installing the software release, you will notice:

Enhancements:

- support for Adobe? Flash? Player 10.2 (download available at a future date - via Android Market details to follow shortly),
- improvements to daylight savings time

Additional Information

You can receive the update over a 3G or a WiFi connection. If you are not connected via WiFi or 3G, or
your Motorola XOOM is off when the notification arrives, you will see the notification when you next
connect to a wireless network.

There is no charge for this update other than the usual data connection charges. Subject to change
without notice.

If you have difficulty with this update, visit us at Motorola XOOM™ Customer Support Selector or
Welcome to Motorola or get help from other owners on our online community at
https:supportforums.motorola.com. "

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Eh, lame or not... it's "progress", right?

It gets us a step closer to having Flash, and beyond that, we now have confirmation that we can self-install Flash the moment it's in the market. We won't have to wait for another push from Motorola...

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
any update on any device (not just android) is always good news. I'd rather have lame and short updates rather than no updates at all. That means company is working hard on their OS.

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
No update yet. They say flash dl in the android market details to follow shortly.... hopefully this equates to soon. The apple heads will not be happy.

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I checked Settings, About Tablet, System Updates before midnight and it reported I was up to date, with last check at 1:15 pm. Now that it's after midnight it says it last checked March 10. Anyone know how frequently it checks for updates?

I don't see a way to manually check from Settings, but I did try rebooting to see if that would force a check... it didn't. Oh well, sleep is taking over so maybe I'll wake to find the Xoom Fairy visited overnight! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis