just got my gel cover - junk

gizzyman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Just received the gel case for my zoom yesterday and its crap.
Its so thin that when I sit it down on my counter I still worry its getting jarred to much. The only thing it offers is to keep the back of my xoom from getting scratches.

wg#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
OK. I got mine from verizon yesterday. And while I don't think it is junk it is not ideal at all. But I figure it will at least protect my Zoom from bumps not much more. But I hated the folio case it was marking up my Xoom and I wanted at least some sort of protection on it. Now them wanting $30 flippin bucks for a piece of rubber is ridiculous... but there is not a lot out there right now.

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I got the motorola gel case and its not bad. I figure it will protect the back. the only problem I have had is the headphone Jack won't fit all the way with the case on. I have to pull it back to plug it in.
What other case do you carry your Xoom in? I found an ipad case with handles (Targus) it fits fits the xoom and has 3 pockets. Got it at best buy.

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I got mine from Verizon and it is the Moto kind. It is black and I feel very safe with it on. I wonder if there are differant versions that are different quality.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I actually got an after market gel case and happen to love it. Doesn't add too much but just enough to make it feel a little more solid. I like how the Xoom remains totally usable. I have the portfolio case as well and think it's great for protection but I don't like how it flops around when really using the Xoom and portrait mode is a bummer.

I like the gel case because I can easily use the dock, I can use ,a more sturdy than the portfolio case, tablet stand and I can easily lay it on it's back without a problem or without thinking about it. Also, I have the keyboard and the get case lets me prop it up anywhere because it's kind of sticky and that's been working out pretty good so far, especially at work.

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I just picked up mine. It seems like it is going to get the job done done as far as protecting the back from scratches. I really like that the device + the gel case fits into the dock. I plan on doing a nice low profile mount for my car and can't wait to see how it will turn out.

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Black Moto Gel here and its what I expected - have several Belkin type for Iphone - Ipad etc... The Moto one seems thinner but will do the job when I am not just my #1 Favorite Portfolio case.

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
i hope someone makes a knockoff of the ipad screen cover that works with xoom. i dont like the thickness of cases and i think the back of the xooms looks cool as is and dont wanna cover it up.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc