Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Xoom will not turn on

Hi All. I had been using my Xoom last night around 6pm using the 3G connection, just surfing the web. Battery level was over 50%. Went to a class, my Xoom was in a case and on a shelf. Came back to it and it won't turn on. Have tried a couple different chargers, even putting it in the charging dock, nothing. Any ideas?

Press the power button while holding the volume up button down.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

How timely, this just happened to me last night also. Your fix of taping volume and power button worked like a charm. Wonder what the root cause is?
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

It actually can be an app that's not letting it shut down all the way. The EVO suffered similar problems early on.

Had a similar problem with mine. Was using kindle app from amazon prior. Is this an android bug, an app bug or a hw bug that is causig this. I have mine rooted tuning tiamat 1.1.13 kernel.

Default Re: Xoom will not turn on

Quote Originally Posted by Rigelian View Post
    Press the power button while holding the volume up button down.
    Thanks for that mate, I was starting to get worried!

Smile Re: Xoom will not turn on

I had just bought a xoom,brand new off ebay the 1st week of june.It worked fine till i tried to power it up today.Im so glad i found this forum,thanks,to the people on here who asked just the question i needed and answer too.Also thanks to the person who answered the question.Both of you saved me the hassle of having to pack it up,go to the post office and send it back.Thanks.
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by suzyshop View Post
    I had just bought a xoom,brand new off ebay the 1st week of june.It worked fine till i tried to power it up today.Im so glad i found this forum,thanks,to the people on here who asked just the question i needed and answer too.Also thanks to the person who answered the question.Both of you saved me the hassle of having to pack it up,go to the post office and send it back.Thanks.
    Welcome to AC! A bunch of great people here to help anytime you need. Feel free to post any questions about your new Xoom.

sent by CyanogenMod X
    Thanked by:

Thanks SO much guys. Its moments like these that the android internet community can save individuals so much time,money and hassles! From preparing to send my device back to where it came from with a nasty letter I now have the Xoom back working in my hands immediately. Thanks SO much for the heads up.Rigelian take a bow..!

Smile Re: Xoom will not turn on

thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, worked perfectly

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

My xoom hasn't done this but my razr did. Something killed battery in about 1 hour. Had to do the volume up and power buttons to get it going again. Has been fine since.

Hi I have just bought a Xoom Wi-Fi with 3g and when I switched it on I got a message that said" the tablet is not provisioned insert valid sim card and reboot".

Does anyone have any ideas, I have tried to reboot and get the same message.

Thanks

i signed up just to simply say... thank you for this tip, i thought my xoom was broken... thanx guys

I had the same problem at least 4 times, and I was able to fix it, just tapping the SD Card down (Inserted properly, for some reason it get loose and the Xoom won't start, will stay in the Motorola LOGO FOREVER...)

The pressing of power button and Volume up button together worked. Thanks a lot for the help and saving lot of time following up with customer care.

Tried that trick (power bottom and volume up) for a while, but now itīs really not working and itīs dead.
    Can someone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by mtmzk View Post
    Tried that trick (power bottom and volume up) for a while, but now itīs really not working and itīs dead.
    Can someone help me?
    When you say "dead", I assume you mean that even hooked up to power it will not turn on at all (including the power+vol-up button fix)?

Or, does it operate only if connect to external power, and the battery seems to not be charging (but tests as being in good operating condition w/ Super Battery, SystemPanel, or similar app)?

If so, I had a similar experience with mine a few month ago. I could get mine to power up by firmly (very firmly pressing on the bezel just to the right of the charging indicator light at the center of the bottom bezel.

It would work for a time, but then revert to non-operating. I eventually sent it to Moto (under warranty at the time). They fixed it, but did not provide any explanation as to what had been the issue. I even called support to try to figure out what they had fixed, but they couldn't/wouldn't tell me.

I rather suspect that there is a key connection between the mainboard, the power connector, and the battery at that point in the device that had become loose or disconnected, which could be (temporarily)reconnected via the pressure on the bezel above that point.

My xoom is also "dead", the power light shows white turning to green while charging but that's all. Have tried the volume up + power and volume down + power. Have held the power button down by itself for a long time. All produce no change. Can't give anymore information than this as this is how I acquired the xoom. Any thoughts or tips?
    Thanks
    TheSickAndTwisted

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts
    ROM
    EOS 4 (forever)

Quote Originally Posted by ALDIII View Post
    My xoom is also "dead", the power light shows white turning to green while charging but that's all. Have tried the volume up + power and volume down + power. Have held the power button down by itself for a long time. All produce no change. Can't give anymore information than this as this is how I acquired the xoom. Any thoughts or tips?
    Thanks
    What do you mean by acquired it this way? Did you buy it? Steal it?

Quote Originally Posted by BasPilot View Post
    What do you mean by acquired it this way? Did you buy it? Steal it?
    I bought it that way, knew it didn't boot when I bought it. Was hoping to fix it as I like playing with cell phones and thought I would try tablets. I own 3 tablets that I bought new, all Galaxy.

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

xoom wont power up.

green light comes on as soon as i plug it in the charger

tried power + vol up no luck

adb cant find the device

anyone have any ideas i was planing on replacing my xoom with an asus infinity but i wanted to keep it around to give to a family member as its still a great tablet
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button

Quote Originally Posted by yodatom10 View Post
    xoom wont power up.

green light comes on as soon as i plug it in the charger

tried power + vol up no luck

adb cant find the device

anyone have any ideas i was planing on replacing my xoom with an asus infinity but i wanted to keep it around to give to a family member as its still a great tablet
    I am in the same boat, I called Motorola but they was no help, it just seemed like after the ice cream update the Xoom stopped coming on and wont turn off but when I press the volume up and the power the screen comes half way on and shows the red Motorola symbol and that's it and it freezes there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mtmzk View Post
    Can someone help me?

Try this...It worked for me..
    I let it charge until the LED went green and still no luck. Buy T5 Torx Screwdriver from lowes/Walmart and disconnect the two, copper battery connectors (Orange flat one) per these instructions and separate the contacts with a piece of paper for about 30 seconds. This is the Xoom equivalent of a battery pull! Once back together, the Xoom booted right up. The whole process took less than 10 minutes
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ALDIII View Post
    Thanks
    Try this===> It worked for me
    I let it charge until the LED went green and still no luck. Buy T5 Torx Screwdriver from lowes/Walmart and disconnect the two, copper battery connectors (Orange flat one) per these instructions Motorola Xoom Teardown - iFixit and separate the contacts with a piece of paper for about 30 seconds. This is the Xoom equivalent of a battery pull! Once back together, the Xoom booted right up. The whole process took less than 10 minutes
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by smooches680 View Post
    I am in the same boat, I called Motorola but they was no help, it just seemed like after the ice cream update the Xoom stopped coming on and wont turn off but when I press the volume up and the power the screen comes half way on and shows the red Motorola symbol and that's it and it freezes there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Try this. It worked for me.
    I let it charge until the LED went green and still no luck. Buy T5 Torx Screwdriver from lowes(Kobalt 8-in-1 Precision TORX Head Screwdriver: $6)/Walmart and disconnect the two, copper battery connectors (2 orange flat one) per these instructions and separate the contacts with a piece of paper for about 30 seconds. This is the Xoom equivalent of a battery pull! Once back together, the Xoom booted right up. The whole process took less than 10 minutes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast