Installed the latest update.....

ScottAtlanta82

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Contrary to what the article said, I got the notification while being unlocked and rooted. The update installed successfully, however it un-rooted me (and I guess relocked it too but I didn't check that part). My question is, can I simply re-root it following the aforementioned process, or is that no longer valid?

Thanks,
Scott

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Contrary to what the article said, I got the notification while being unlocked and rooted. The update installed successfully, however it un-rooted me (and I guess relocked it too but I didn't check that part). My question is, can I simply re-root it following the aforementioned process, or is that no longer valid?

Thanks,
Scott

If you're still unlocked you can try to just push su back on to the device. If not you can unlock and root again but I'm not sure if there will soon be an update for the boot image. You can just try to unlock and push only su and superuser over without flashing the other image.

ScottAtlanta82

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
If you're still unlocked you can try to just push su back on to the device. If not you can unlock and root again but I'm not sure if there will soon be an update for the boot image. You can just try to unlock and push only su and superuser over without flashing the other image.

That works. I'll try that in a little bit (have a meeting soon...damn work).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital