Quickie app question

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Can apps that I have paid for and downloaded on my Incredible be downloaded for the Xoom without re-paying for them?

Yup, you can use it on any android device with the market.

Edit: One thing I noticed though, some developers are creating "tablet" editions, like Fruit Ninja and since it's a different app you'd have to re-buy it. Personally I don't mind paying for something that's been tailored to for the tablet platform. Though I know Google developed a whole new set of APIs so one app can co-exist peacefully between handsets & tablets, so yeah..

Reactions: kevsmart

kevsmart

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Yup, you can use it on any android device with the market.

Edit: One thing I noticed though, some developers are creating "tablet" editions, like Fruit Ninja and since it's a different app you'd have to re-buy it. Personally I don't mind paying for something that's been tailored to for the tablet platform. Though I know Google developed a whole new set of APIs so one app can co-exist peacefully between handsets & tablets, so yeah..

Perfect, thanks for the quick answer!

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Can apps that I have paid for and downloaded on my Incredible be downloaded for the Xoom without re-paying for them?
Keep in mind the only way you can do this is by registering each Android device with the same Gmail account. If you have abc on the Incredible but registered your Xoom using account XYZ, they won't automatically share apps you pay. (I don't know if you can "re-register" or add the ABC account to the Xoom after the fact to re-synchronize - I've never heard anyone do it, but that doesnt' mean it can't be done.)

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind the only way you can do this is by registering each Android device with the same Gmail account. If you have abc on the Incredible but registered your Xoom using account XYZ, they won't automatically share apps you pay. (I don't know if you can "re-register" or add the ABC account to the Xoom after the fact to re-synchronize - I've never heard anyone do it, but that doesnt' mean it can't be done.)

One neat thing about the Honeycomb market though is that you can use it with multiple Google accounts.

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
One neat thing about the Honeycomb market though is that you can use it with multiple Google accounts.
That's great then ... I knew if you registered both devices with the same account it's automatic going to sync apps, but wasn't sure if you could get that same benefit if you initially used two different accounts to register the devices.

Cubanito

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I bought easymoney app for my Droid Incredible and I downloaded the app for my shiny new Xoom entered my product key and it does not work.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

azari

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Using my same paid apps on both my Incredible and my Xoom.

Too bad my iPad (1) apps don't carry over :)

anon(167668)

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought easymoney app for my Droid Incredible and I downloaded the app for my shiny new Xoom entered my product key and it does not work.

Well that's the app developer itself only allowing one registration per device, not Google's Market. That's pretty ****ty for the dev to pull a stunt like that, especially since that's a $10 app.

Last edited:

Newton1221

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

You prolly just need to contact the creator, normal paid apps work on both devices, but something like that is probably made so the code only works once.