| || |
Better Marketing Ideas for Xoom
It's no secret that Verizon and Moto sent a bunch of monkeys in for marketing this thing, and they seriously screwed it up. What do you think are some better ways they could have marketed the Xoom?
My ideal set of commercials:
Compare the experience of getting the same information on an iPad and a Xoom.
- Have a voice-over say "Say you want to go to this website..." and go to a site with Flash (obviously just an example...) to showcase all the empty spaces on the iPad.
- "Say you want to check the weather..." and the iPad guy looks for his app but the Xoom guy just has a widget open and cracks his knuckles or moves on to the next task because he didn't have to open any apps.
- Once LTE is ready he says "Say you want to download a movie onto your tablet..." and the iPad guy has to find his USB cable and load up iTunes, while the Xoom guy just downloads the thing over the air at LTE speeds.
- Showcase multi-tasking. "Say you want to do five things at once..." and show how easy it is to switch around between apps on the Xoom and how much gets done in the background
- Showcase the screen's ratio "Say you want to watch a movie... a WIDESCREEN movie..." and compare the two
- Showcase the HELL out of the PlayStation thing once it's out
- Voiceover needs to bring up Apps that aren't allowed on the iPad ("Say you want a different keyboard..." or "Say you want to play some old Nintendo games...")
They need to target iOS directly. Then after that, they can go ahead and turn the freaking thing into a spaceship. Because without showing how useful it is, the average consumer barely has any idea what it is.