Three Questions about UK Launch

Sander#AC

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Just have a couple of questions in regards to the Xoom coming out in the UK in April.

1. Is "silver" the only color that will be available? I like the black :(
2. Is it going to be 4g capable from launch?
3. Do you think the Xoom is really worth the cash?

I think there was another question I wanted to ask but it's 2 AM and I think I forgot it :p

The pricing of the Xoom in the UK is set at ?599 for the 3g (gets you a free charger dock as well) and ?499 for the WiFI.

I'm thinking about going for the 3g version, but I still have to check the returns policy before I pre-order it... Would be a bit ****ty if I for some reason really want to return it but I cant.

Thanks in advance for anyone able to answer any of the questions :)

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
1) silver is the color of the wifi only version in the US. so maybe the 3g versions will be black.

2)Depends when it launches and if there are 4g carriers in UK

3) Is it worth it? Depends on how and what you will use it for, what u can afford, and how much u want it. Spec wise the xoom is the best tablet out there, the os is a bit buggy and difficult for non tech savvy ppl to use, but google will fix the os with updates and and if u are tech savvy (as most AC forums members are) then those will not be a problem for u.

Reactions: Sander#AC

Sander#AC

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Cool, I was thinking that the 3g one would be black, on the website of carphonewarehouse uk where i ordered it, it shows a silver one though. We'll have to wait and see.

There are several carriers in europe who do offer 4g. As I will be traveling I was just hoping to have it 4g ready.

I took the plunge and pre-ordered it anyway, although they haven't given a firm release date yet, it's supposed to be early april, which starts like 2 weeks from now lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon