Effects of Xoom Update

Dunbar

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I thought that this should have its own thread.

We all know that the new update was primarily done to prepare the Xoom for flash. But has anyone noticed any other improvements? I just received my update about 20 minutes ago and I could swear that the scrolling has gotten much smoother. Has anyone else noticed any other changes since receiving the update?

southflguy

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I also notice the scrolling to be faster. But more importantly I can listen to stutter free music while multitasking. Everything seems a little faster.

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Could it be a placebo effect? I mean you had to restart your Xoom for the update, maybe it just seems faster now that you had to restart. I hope its not just a placebo though.

bbalz

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I had the flash player installed and it was nice... then got my ota notification and updated.

Uninstalled flash since it no longer worked... reinstalled and its much better.

Scrolling on sites is far better for me too. Also I think moving from screen to screen is smoother. Sometimes it was a little laggy from going from a screen with 2-3 widgets and what not... haven't had that happen after 1 hour of messing around.

Bossxii

May 13, 2010
Visit site
While I've only owned the Xoom now for about 6 hours I can say the bit of stutter I was annoyed with while browsing seems to have vanished since I updated.

buurin

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't notice a difference. After you all mentioned it I tried.

I think scrolling is fine, never noticed an issue.

trip4219

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
don't know about the rest of you...but...my boot animation is smooth as silk now after the update...there used to be 2 times during the boot animation that would lock up very briefly for me and that has been resolved since the update...

asabino

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Notice my browser moving faster, and probably the best part of the update is the pinch to zoom is alot More snappier!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

REHolt218

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I had a lot of problems with the browser widget, trying to scroll to lower pages was difficult. It always moved the widget. Since the update I noticed I don't have that problem.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was a placebo effect, but if the update has a new kernel or made improvements in the home screen caching scrolling could be smoother. I noticed this as well.

FluxTZ

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
don't know about the rest of you...but...my boot animation is smooth as silk now after the update...there used to be 2 times during the boot animation that would lock up very briefly for me and that has been resolved since the update...

I noticed this as well.

shaneneff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I was experiencing many os/system crashes and application force closes frequently. It has only been 24 hours, but I havent had any of these since. Perhaps, rather than face any negative press they fixed some things with this update while publicly saying it is just to prepare the device for flash.

azari

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
What broke? My pulse is working both in portrait and landscape... Also no real change in behavior for me - no force closes or choppiness before, and none after the OTA.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sefford