Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Webmail blocked from xoom?

    I access work email through a webmail server that is run by lotus notes. It won't let me log on from the Zoom. I have no problem from my laptop using Firefox or MS Explorer. Is there a fix for this? Can I make my zoom look like a laptop to that server?

    Any hints appreciated! If I can access webmail I'll be able to ditch the notebook completely. Loving my zoom.
  2. #2  

    Default

    What error do you get?.

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Proud Owner of:
    Galaxy Nexus - XOOM
    Love my Dropbox
  3. #3  
    jeff327's Avatar

    Posts
    258 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aragoncatherine View Post
    I access work email through a webmail server that is run by lotus notes. It won't let me log on from the Zoom. I have no problem from my laptop using Firefox or MS Explorer. Is there a fix for this? Can I make my zoom look like a laptop to that server?

    Any hints appreciated! If I can access webmail I'll be able to ditch the notebook completely. Loving my zoom.
    If you cannot fix your issue there is a software from a company called Commontime that handles Lotus Notes on my Xoom without issue. Unfortunately it is not free.
    Last edited by jeff327; 03-13-2011 at 08:05 PM.
  4. #4  

    Default

    I am able to get my Exchange Webmail from both the web client and the built in mail application
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zmenchhofer View Post
    What error ...
    I get:

    Error 500: HTTP web server. Invalid post request exception.

    I have no clue
  6. #6  

    Default

    I get the same thing.

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Proud Owner of:
    Galaxy Nexus - XOOM
    Love my Dropbox
  7. #7  

    Default Motorola Xoom can't access Webmail

    I'm getting the same error

    HTTP web server. Invalid post request exception

    while trying to access my email using a web mail server that accesses email through Lotus notes... I can access my web mail using my Droid phone, but not using my Motorola Xoom... has anyone found a fix without having to purchase from Commontime?? Thanks!!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default

    Can anyone address this issue that folks can't access lotus notes webmail? No work email makes my zoom just an expensive toy.
  9. #9  

    Default

    U should try firefox mobile or opera mobile to see if its a browser specific issue/block.

    Also, is your xoom on the same network as the laptop you tested?
  10. #10  
    88 FLUX's Avatar

    Posts
    625 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Lotus Notes can be much more finicky when it comes to web access than Exchange is. Have you set the user agent to desktop to see if that helps? It's the same "fix" to browse desktop versions of sites versus mobile. Taking a guess, the error could be due to Lotus Notes seeing an invalid user agent. I've seen LN be very tricky when it comes to compatibility with different browsers. If you're not sure what I mean, do the following:

    In your browser address bar, type about:debug and hit enter.
    In the debugging section of the browser settings, change the user agent to "Desktop"

    Then go back and try again. Keep in mind that if your browser app crashes at any point or if you restart your Xoom, you'll need to do the first step again to get the user agent change to take effect again.
    Current: Moto X, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013)

    Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom
  11. #11  

    Default

    Spoke to support at Motorola and they said it might be because the Xoom doesn't support flash yet... they started releasing it as an update on Friday. Everyone will get it at some point, and they think this will fix the issue.

    Has anyone with this problem received the Adobe Flash update and still having the problem??
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default

    I have received the update and still have this problem.

    Have not figured out how to make my browser run in desktop mode so I don't know if that works.
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ock View Post
    Lotus Notes can be much more finicky when it comes to web access than Exchange is. Have you set the user agent to desktop to see if that helps? It's the same "fix" to browse desktop versions of sites versus mobile. Taking a guess, the error could be due to Lotus Notes seeing an invalid user agent. I've seen LN be very tricky when it comes to compatibility with different browsers. If you're not sure what I mean, do the following:

    In your browser address bar, type about:debug and hit enter.
    In the debugging section of the browser settings, change the user agent to "Desktop"

    Then go back and try again. Keep in mind that if your browser app crashes at any point or if you restart your Xoom, you'll need to do the first step again to get the user agent change to take effect again.
    I tried this and get nothing when I enter it... I'm trying on a Xoom in the browser that came installed... can you offer any additional help?? Thanks!!!
  14. #14  
    88 FLUX's Avatar

    Posts
    625 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by High Heel Tech View Post
    I tried this and get nothing when I enter it... I'm trying on a Xoom in the browser that came installed... can you offer any additional help?? Thanks!!!
    If after you typed it in you got nothing, then you're doing it right. Take a look at the steps in the article linked below. But ignore step #7. I found that if you do step #7, the desktop browsing doesn't work all the time.

    Current: Moto X, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013)

    Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default

    Ok I did the debug procedure to load desktop style. I also turned off popup blocking. Get a new error:

    Error 400
    Proxy error: SSL handshake with upstream server failed. URL.... reason "unknown error"
  16. #16  
    88 FLUX's Avatar

    Posts
    625 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aragoncatherine View Post
    Ok I did the debug procedure to load desktop style. I also turned off popup blocking. Get a new error:

    Error 400
    Proxy error: SSL handshake with upstream server failed. URL.... reason "unknown error"
    Hmmm. Wish I could help more but I don't have any current ties to Lotus Notes. However, you may want to try another browser as others have pointed out. For example, Dolphin HD or Firefox Beta.
    Current: Moto X, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013)

    Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default

    Tanks for trying to help, Ock. I've now confirmed the same error with dolphin and Firefox beta. I use Firefox on my desktop with no problem. Desktop mode doesn't help. Waiting for flash is my last hope. If that doesn't work I'll have to return the zoom and get a crummy netbook with windows.

    Does anyone know if the ipad can access lotus notes webmail?
  18. #18  
    88 FLUX's Avatar

    Posts
    625 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aragoncatherine View Post
    Tanks for trying to help, Ock. I've now confirmed the same error with dolphin and Firefox beta. I use Firefox on my desktop with no problem. Desktop mode doesn't help. Waiting for flash is my last hope. If that doesn't work I'll have to return the zoom and get a crummy netbook with windows.

    Does anyone know if the ipad can access lotus notes webmail?
    Another thing you could try is setting up remote access to a computer of yours at home. LogMeIn should be releasing their Honeycomb optimized version any day now. Then you'd be able to have all the benefits of the Xoom plus have remote access to a full computer for needs such as your webmail.
    Current: Moto X, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013)

    Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom
  19. #19  

    Default

    I also tried Dolphin and Firefox and got the same error as I received previouisly - Invalid Post Request Exception. I was told that if when you receive the update for flash player if it doesn't work then, it will never work. Makes me crazy that I can access the email using my droid phone, but not my xoom... different operating systems... what were they thinking when they didn't address this...

    As for the iPad, I hear they have a free app "Lotus Notes Travelers"... don't know if it actually works -- has anyone heard anything else about accessing on the iPad... because I too will return my xoom and unfortunately pay the restocking fee, don't need any more toys.
  20. #20  

    Default

    Returned my Xoom because webmail will never work... just wanted to let everyone know that I was able to my lotus notes email on the iPad and the iPad2 and even the Samsung unit, oh and my droid phone as well(the first version)... it's really sad that Motorola didn't addres this issue especially since many in the business world would like to use it for work, not just play. Goodbye Xoom, hello iPad2!!
  21. #21  

    Default

    Why would you guys want to access any email through a browser interface?

    Why not just use the mail client and connect via IMAP/POP3/Exchange/etc?
  22. #22  

    Default

    whats the url to the webmail login page and I will try it on my xoom.
    I have webmail on my mail server and it works great, but its not lotus notes

    Quote Originally Posted by High Heel Tech View Post
    Returned my Xoom because webmail will never work... just wanted to let everyone know that I was able to my lotus notes email on the iPad and the iPad2 and even the Samsung unit, oh and my droid phone as well(the first version)... it's really sad that Motorola didn't addres this issue especially since many in the business world would like to use it for work, not just play. Goodbye Xoom, hello iPad2!!
  23. #23  

    Default

    Hey any word on whether anyone's been able to resolve this issue? Is it a problem with Honeycomb only? I don't seem to have an issue on my Froyo HTC EVO running any browser that will do desktop mode.

    I'm really disappointed that this doesn't work on my Xoom. I hadn't noticed until I saw this thread and tried it. I assume someone at Google or Motorola knows about this and is working on it, otherwise it's an epic fail that you can't access corporate webmail accounts on this thing.
  24. #24  

    Default

    I use outlook web access with no problem. I also tried rackspace webmail with no problems.
  25. #25  
    88 FLUX's Avatar

    Posts
    625 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    Why would you guys want to access any email through a browser interface?

    Why not just use the mail client and connect via IMAP/POP3/Exchange/etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by r8trfan View Post
    I use outlook web access with no problem. I also tried rackspace webmail with no problems.
    OWA works great as well as most other webmails. Lotus Notes is a whole different animal though which is what the users in this thread that are having problems are using.

    Sent from my HTC 10" Ice Cream Tablet tethered off my EVO 3D LTE using Tapatalk
    Current: Moto X, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013)

    Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B