WiFi only xoom releasing March 27th. $599

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to assume flash will be working out of the box, haven't heard when they will have the SD card working, and why 16GB?
Most likely it will have flash as adobe said flash is officially coming the 18th, and sd will take a bit longer as google needs to make a software update for that. I doubt they will come with a 16gb model. The price is same compared to ipad2 32 gb.

willray411

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to assume flash will be working out of the box, haven't heard when they will have the SD card working, and why 16GB?

16G because it'd be cheaper and I'm just going to through in my own memory. I'm cheap. I don't think they'll ever come out with a 16G, so its one of the things i'll have to settle on is the 64G. I really hope the wifi version comes out this month. I'm hoping to get one for Father's Day / Birthday ish. Can't really justify in my budget a $600 tablet unless it is for something.

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
16G because it'd be cheaper and I'm just going to through in my own memory. I'm cheap. I don't think they'll ever come out with a 16G, so its one of the things i'll have to settle on is the 64G. I really hope the wifi version comes out this month. I'm hoping to get one for Father's Day / Birthday ish. Can't really justify in my budget a $600 tablet unless it is for something.
Yea, as of yet tablets haven't reached a point where they can totally replace a laptop or computer. Tablets are more of a supplement or luxury.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Do any Android phone owners have iPads? Or do you usually buy all of one company?

I had a Ipad but, sold it on Ebay. I'm currently waiting on my Ipad 2. I also had the Xoom and took it back but, if they really come out with this wi-fi model I'll get it again.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Do any Android phone owners have iPads? Or do you usually buy all of one company?

It depends on the person. Some people will only use Android, some people will only use iOS, and some people will use a mix. All three situations are perfectly fine. What is NOT fine to me are the people who refuse to accept that all three of those choices are acceptable (including all the ignorant people on here who think that just because someone likes the iPad 2 for what it does that the person is a troll or should be hung by a noose and set on fire).

It all comes down to what you would be using the devices for and which one provides you the most value. For me personally, the Xoom is my tablet of choice due to what I use it for. However, I see the great value in the iPad as well. It's just not for me personally.

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It depends on the person. Some people will only use Android, some people will only use iOS, and some people will use a mix. All three situations are perfectly fine. What is NOT fine to me are the people who refuse to accept that all three of those choices are acceptable (including all the ignorant people on here who think that just because someone likes the iPad 2 for what it does that the person is a troll or should be hung by a noose and set on fire).

It all comes down to what you would be using the devices for and which one provides you the most value. For me personally, the Xoom is my tablet of choice due to what I use it for. However, I see the great value in the iPad as well. It's just not for me personally.

Hung by a noose? come on thats a little extreeme even for the most ardent apple hater...set on fire, on the other hand... :D

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
i had an ipad, i hated itunes though so i sold it on craigslist in december, for a profit (it was jailbreaked). Since december ive been waiting for a good android tablet, i almost went for a notion ink adam, but now im glad i waited. Ima go for the xoom wifi when it comes out.

inkmantpa

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

Couldn't agree more. It is amusing how many lemmings and sheep there are who buy into the whole "Tablet Wars" thing that the media likes to play up. There is a place for both iOS and Android in the market. It's not a war, it is market competition, and both Apple and Android owners better hope that BOTH stay in the market as viable alternatives. If "there is only one" there is no reason for that one to innovate and add features. If there is no competition, then you are stuck with what you are given, no more.

The 3 year old child mentality of "Nah Nah, mine is better than yours, mine is going to WIN" is really old and STUPID!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87