WiFi only xoom releasing March 27th. $599

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Okay, just a few more things then I'll get one.
1. 16GB Model
2. Working SD Card slot
3. Flash

Wow. I was actually about to post "How long until the Apple kool-aid drinkers post that the Xoom sucks because there's no 16gb model?" but you beat me to the punch. :eek:

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I will probably return mine and exchange it for a WiFi model, although I'm not certain. I disconnected my data plan when I realized how easy it is to just connect it to my Droid X via Bluetooth and use that data connection...

I don't want a silver back though, I like the all black.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
This will be a good thing for the Xoom. It can't come soon enough.

My biggest worry now is that all of the good ROM's will not support the CDMS/LTE model.

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, I purchased my 3G Xoom at Best Buy on 2/26/2011, and as a Sliver Reward Member I have 45 days to return it... so I have until 4/12 to make a decision.

I did activate 3G on March 5 on the month-to-month 1GB plan because I thought I'd want to have connectivity for the rare times I'm not in a WiFi area, so I'd have to weigh my needs... decisions, decisions ...

willray411

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Dude go post somewhere else...
You know. I'm an android fan, I won't ever buy an IOS device, but releasing an unfinished device, just 1 model. Seriously. I'll buy a Xoom when they make a version for me, but the 1 version they have out now isn't for me. Don't write about me being a hater. This is a forum and I'm expressing my opinion. I'm sorry you don't like me not wanting to spend $800 on a 3G version of the Xoom.

I had alot of expectations for the xoom after CES, and I've been let down quite a bit. And its just a leaked advertisement. Who is to say it might not be another month or three before it is released.

I mean the perfect example is that people are going to return their 3G version and get a wifi version.

Last edited:

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Well, I purchased my 3G Xoom at Best Buy on 2/26/2011, and as a Sliver Reward Member I have 45 days to return it... so I have until 4/12 to make a decision.

I did activate 3G on March 5 on the month-to-month 1GB plan because I thought I'd want to have connectivity for the rare times I'm not in a WiFi area, so I'd have to weigh my needs... decisions, decisions ...

I asked the Bestbuy salesman and he said they had to honor the Verizon return policy which is 14 days even though their usual return is 30days and 45 for card.

They also said the Verizon corporate store was the only one that could sell it at $599 on the 1gb data contract. Bestbuy has a teired data program, the 1gb data plan gets $50 off $799, the 3gb and 5gb would get $150 off and the 10gb plan would be $599.

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I asked the Bestbuy salesman and he said they had to honor the Verizon return policy which is 14 days even though their usual return is 30days and 45 for card.

They also said the Verizon corporate store was the only one that could sell it at $599 on the 1gb data contract. Bestbuy has a teired data program, the 1gb data plan gets $50 off $799, the 3gb and 5gb would get $150 off and the 10gb plan would be $599.
I guess things will get interesting if I decide to return the Xoom, because I have nothing in my paperwork to indicate the Xoom can only be returned using Verizon's policies. My receipt indicates I have 45 days to return it, both on the front using the information from my purchase, and on the back in the pre-printed information.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I guess things will get interesting if I decide to return the Xoom, because I have nothing in my paperwork to indicate the Xoom can only be returned using Verizon's policies. My receipt indicates I have 45 days to return it, both on the front using the information from my purchase, and on the back in the pre-printed information.

I was just thinking the same thing. I reviewed my receipt to make sure and you are correct. If I decide to return mine to go get a WiFi only model, there will be a battle that I will not let them win.