Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default WiFi only xoom releasing March 27th. $599

Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

ROM
    rubiX Focused 1.9.5

Okay, just a few more things then I'll get one.
    1. 16GB Model
    2. Working SD Card slot
    3. Flash

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by willray411 View Post
    1. 16GB Model
    2. Working SD Card slot
    3. Flash
    Wow. I was actually about to post "How long until the Apple kool-aid drinkers post that the Xoom sucks because there's no 16gb model?" but you beat me to the punch.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,450 Global Posts

Is WiFi safe to check accts and email on?
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

I will probably return mine and exchange it for a WiFi model, although I'm not certain. I disconnected my data plan when I realized how easy it is to just connect it to my Droid X via Bluetooth and use that data connection...

I don't want a silver back though, I like the all black.

1. 16GB Model
    2. Working SD Card slot
    3. Flash
    Dude go post somewhere else...
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger1 View Post
    I agree... bigger is better hey???

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Proud Owner of:
    Galaxy Nexus - XOOM
    Love my Dropbox

Quote Originally Posted by zmenchhofer View Post
    I agree... bigger is better hey???

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    I am just so sick of the haters on this forum. I paid 800 for mine on day one and love it without flash/Ltd/SD because I know its coming
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    2,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisy View Post
    Is WiFi safe to check accts and email on?
    Yes as long as your Wifi is encrypted. For me any tablet that I am getting , it is only going to be wifi only.
    Rooting comes with great power & great responsibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    ...I disconnected my data plan when I realized how easy it is to just connect it to my Droid X via Bluetooth and use that data connection....
    I had thought about that as well, but then again is it slower than the 4G?
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,020 Global Posts

This will be a good thing for the Xoom. It can't come soon enough.

My biggest worry now is that all of the good ROMs will not support the CDMS/LTE model.

Good news indeed! I may swap out mine for a wifi only as i thether off my phone anyhow.

Well, I purchased my 3G Xoom at Best Buy on 2/26/2011, and as a Sliver Reward Member I have 45 days to return it... so I have until 4/12 to make a decision.

I did activate 3G on March 5 on the month-to-month 1GB plan because I thought I'd want to have connectivity for the rare times I'm not in a WiFi area, so I'd have to weigh my needs... decisions, decisions ...

ROM
    rubiX Focused 1.9.5

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger1 View Post
    You know. I'm an android fan, I won't ever buy an IOS device, but releasing an unfinished device, just 1 model. Seriously. I'll buy a Xoom when they make a version for me, but the 1 version they have out now isn't for me. Don't write about me being a hater. This is a forum and I'm expressing my opinion. I'm sorry you don't like me not wanting to spend $800 on a 3G version of the Xoom.

I had alot of expectations for the xoom after CES, and I've been let down quite a bit. And its just a leaked advertisement. Who is to say it might not be another month or three before it is released.

I mean the perfect example is that people are going to return their 3G version and get a wifi version.
    Last edited by willray411; 03-13-2011 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Comment about Return of 3G
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ishore View Post
    I had thought about that as well, but then again is it slower than the 4G?
    4G isn't here yet. Plus, I'll get a 4G phone as soon as 4G is available in SLC and so I'll get it that way.

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Quote Originally Posted by Drew2u View Post
    Well, I purchased my 3G Xoom at Best Buy on 2/26/2011, and as a Sliver Reward Member I have 45 days to return it... so I have until 4/12 to make a decision.

I did activate 3G on March 5 on the month-to-month 1GB plan because I thought I'd want to have connectivity for the rare times I'm not in a WiFi area, so I'd have to weigh my needs... decisions, decisions ...
    I asked the Bestbuy salesman and he said they had to honor the Verizon return policy which is 14 days even though their usual return is 30days and 45 for card.

They also said the Verizon corporate store was the only one that could sell it at $599 on the 1gb data contract. Bestbuy has a teired data program, the 1gb data plan gets $50 off $799, the 3gb and 5gb would get $150 off and the 10gb plan would be $599.

Quote Originally Posted by NewAge View Post
    I asked the Bestbuy salesman and he said they had to honor the Verizon return policy which is 14 days even though their usual return is 30days and 45 for card.

They also said the Verizon corporate store was the only one that could sell it at $599 on the 1gb data contract. Bestbuy has a teired data program, the 1gb data plan gets $50 off $799, the 3gb and 5gb would get $150 off and the 10gb plan would be $599.
    I guess things will get interesting if I decide to return the Xoom, because I have nothing in my paperwork to indicate the Xoom can only be returned using Verizon's policies. My receipt indicates I have 45 days to return it, both on the front using the information from my purchase, and on the back in the pre-printed information.

Global Posts
    1,174 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Drew2u View Post
    I guess things will get interesting if I decide to return the Xoom, because I have nothing in my paperwork to indicate the Xoom can only be returned using Verizon's policies. My receipt indicates I have 45 days to return it, both on the front using the information from my purchase, and on the back in the pre-printed information.
    I was just thinking the same thing. I reviewed my receipt to make sure and you are correct. If I decide to return mine to go get a WiFi only model, there will be a battle that I will not let them win.
    Current: Moto X, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013), Moto 360

Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom

1. 16GB Model
    2. Working SD Card slot
    3. Flash
    I'm going to assume flash will be working out of the box, haven't heard when they will have the SD card working, and why 16GB?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by wedge40 View Post
    I'm going to assume flash will be working out of the box, haven't heard when they will have the SD card working, and why 16GB?
    Most likely it will have flash as adobe said flash is officially coming the 18th, and sd will take a bit longer as google needs to make a software update for that. I doubt they will come with a 16gb model. The price is same compared to ipad2 32 gb.

ROM
    Typhoon Gingerbread

I am getting this thats for sure I really dont need the 3g/4g version since i can tether my 4g

Global Posts
    1,710 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Awesome, I'll be getting one.

ROM
    rubiX Focused 1.9.5

Quote Originally Posted by wedge40 View Post
    16G because it'd be cheaper and I'm just going to through in my own memory. I'm cheap. I don't think they'll ever come out with a 16G, so its one of the things i'll have to settle on is the 64G. I really hope the wifi version comes out this month. I'm hoping to get one for Father's Day / Birthday ish. Can't really justify in my budget a $600 tablet unless it is for something.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

16G because it'd be cheaper and I'm just going to through in my own memory. I'm cheap. I don't think they'll ever come out with a 16G, so its one of the things i'll have to settle on is the 64G. I really hope the wifi version comes out this month. I'm hoping to get one for Father's Day / Birthday ish. Can't really justify in my budget a $600 tablet unless it is for something.
    Yea, as of yet tablets haven't reached a point where they can totally replace a laptop or computer. Tablets are more of a supplement or luxury.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast