Is it worth getting a xoom?

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
if you don't want a galaxy tab, wait for another 7". Blackberry Playbook, and new android, or HP opal.

10" is so much less portable, you would be better off getting a 10-11" notebook for cheaper.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
It really depends on what your looking for. Need to compare specs to what you need. If your in no hurry waiting to see what the next few months brings can't hurt. Major things to consider is size be 7 or 10 inch, wifi only or also data 3/4g. Other thing would be gb size and input output ports.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Newton1221

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Is it worth getting a xoom at this point or would it be better to wait until the newer tablets come out?

Depends on how impatient you are and what you are looking for in your tablet. If you want it now then get a XOOM, if you don't need it for a while then just wait and then you can compare what's available. Later down the road there will be different screen sizes and different companies, and therefore different build qualities.

Another thing that could be a deciding point, if you want to do any rooting on your device the XOOM is probably going to be the best. The XOOM has an unlocked bootloader and is essentially root friendly since its the first of its kind, ala original Droid (first on 2.0).

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
If cost is an issue maybe you should wait for the WiFi version. The Xoom will probably be the only one that comes with a pure Google experience without all the bloat and vendor crap installed.

Newton1221

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Unless you want something ultra specific from your Android tablet then the XOOM is THE tablet. Its the Honeycomb flagship device, if your interested then I'd suggest getting it, its an incredible device.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Probably a "Duh" question:

So, if a person gets a tablet, that means they have to also buy some kind of cell phone???? Or is there a way to make calls using the tablet (Skype??)

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure Xoom is capable of doing calls and text with Skype and Google Voice.. Too bad we have to wait for Skype to come out for honeycomb..

lobobuzz

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'd go for it... the Xoom is great IMO. For me it's more than what I've been waiting for since the iPad came out and the rumors of a Google tablet last year. Good luck on your decision.