1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sirius XM app for Xoom

Anyone know where the sirius xm app is for Xoom? Seems to be missing from the market. any work arounds?

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danielkogan View Post
    Anyone know where the sirius xm app is for Xoom? Seems to be missing from the market. any work arounds?
    My Siriusxm app came straight from Sirius and not from the market. Because of this I was able to take it from Astro Explorer and dropbox it over to my Xoom. It does not look good on the Xoom but it works perfectly.

I did the same. Google Sirius API and you will find it. Sirius says it isn't compatible with zoom if you try to download directly from them.

I was able to google siriusxm.apk and found the file to download that way. It's ugly, and doesn't fit the screen at all, but the sound works just fine!

Default sirius app for tablet

If you just go to and download right from the site it works just fine. I am using it on the xoom and the app you get from the site is for smartphones so like the person before me said it doesn't fit the screen but it works just fine to listen to it. If you do like I do and just turn it on and then minamize and let it run in the background you don't even know if it fits the screen or not....

I have it working as well on my Xoom. Just use Google to find the apk from Sirius website. It does only show up on a small part of the screen but easy fix for that is go in market search for "spare parts" once installed open spare parts and uncheck where it says "compatibility mode" restart your xoom and any programs that only took a piece of the screen will now be full screen.

I've been using bothfor weeks without issue.
    Thanked by:
    SHWELL 

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

I use the website player, no need for the app.

Quote Originally Posted by Solson View Post
    I use the website player, no need for the app.
    Is it the same player you get on a full browser? Their new web interface is horrendous, I imagine it would be even worse on a Xoom.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Yes it's the full web interface and yes the new website is hidious but it works.

Anybody having a problem with the app? Mine keeps hanging on "checking for updates"

Global Posts
    1,294 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by nulevel View Post
    Anybody having a problem with the app? Mine keeps hanging on "checking for updates"
    mine as well.

I, too, have been using the web-based flash player which works just fine. (Even if it's a bit ugly.) However, the app will not install at all: it gives me an incompatible device error on the web-based market, and doesn't appear at all in the Xoom's market.

(Personally, most of my music listening is done with Digitally Imported Radio via their . But I listen mostly to Electronica at work. )

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing!

The Sirius/XM app is finally in the market (no need to download it from the Sirius site anymore, thanks to Howard Stern), but it doesn't work for the Xoom yet. If you have the old API, it loads and sometimes works, but for the most part on the Wi-Fi Xoom it needs work. Haven't tried the web streaming. That may be the better route to go in the meantime.

cant find that app can you help