MOTOROLA XOOM Defender Series Case by Otterbox

kesnik

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
wow, thats looks thick!! I would have to see / feel this case in person. If the button extensions work well it might be a nice case.

I'll keep my eye on this!!

-kesnik

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm.... if you pay $800 for a Xoom, what's $90 for a case? It looks heavy to me, though. I'm used to holding my Xoom one-handed, this looks like it could tip the scales for me...

TeckSupport05

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
i used to have this on my iPad, made it pretty thick and somewhat heavy, but I threw that thing around in my car, put it in my messenger bag and let it drop a few times, played hacky sack with it, no big deal. its a tank, and the outer shell that goes on the screen doubles as a stand, worth it.

I just hope they fixed the bottom so that I dont have to completely remove the bottom to charge, and made just flasp

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
What do I think?

Not much. Looks like it makes the back camera useless and it makes the whole package think too thick.

If you really need that kind of protection, get small padded case for a third of the price. You'll get to carry your cables and charger with you too.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Otterbox cases are no joke. If you want to fully protect your device it's the way to go. I used it on my Ipad but, it does add some weight. It certainly will protect your Xoom, it's pretty heavy-duty.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Otterbox cases are amazing quality. Top notch. I've owned a few. The Defender line especially is THE way to go for ultimate protection. However, I wouldn't get it for my Xoom out of personal preference. I've seen and handled the Defender case for the iPad. Way too much bulk for my taste. But those looking for the ultimate protection, you'll find it in this case.

macewank

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I'd really rather see something like the.. what is it the commuter line? The ones that protect it but don't add a ton of heft to the device.

Plus apparently this thing has a built in screen protector? meh.

waldo238

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I have one of these for my I pad and yes it is big, but you could throw it across the room and it would be OK and still work just fine.