CNET Speed Test (Man up Xoom owners)

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
CNET did a speed test to see if the Xoom or Ipad 2 opens websites faster.

Site-loading speed battle 2: Motorola Xoom vs. Apple iPad 2 | Crave - CNET

Xoom kicked ass even though CNET downplayed the results. My problem is there is no mention of it here. If the Ipad 2 had won all the self loathing Xoom owners would have posted this right away and there would be 50 posts in no time. Then add the apple fanboys who would have jumped on this as well.

I am so sick of the forum becoming a place to ***** and wonder should I have bought an Ipad. The fact is the Xoom is by far the best tablet on the market right now and I am sick of the whining and jealousy that goes on with the Ipad. So, stop the crying, man up and be proud you have the best tablet money (Yes even at $800) could buy.

Last edited:

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
CNET did a speed test to see if the Xoom or Ipad 2 opens websites faster.

Site-loading speed battle 2: Motorola Xoom vs. Apple iPad 2 | Crave - CNET

Xoom kicked ass even though CNET downplayed the results. My problem is there is no mention of it here. If the Ipad 2 had won all the self loathing Xoom owners would have posted this right away and there would be 50 posts in no time. Then add the apple fanboys who would have jumped on this as well.

I am so sick of the forum becoming a place to ***** and wonder should I have bought an Ipad. The fact is the Xoom is by far the best tablet on the market right now and I am sick of the whining and jealousy that goes on with the Ipad. So, stop the crying, man up and be proud you have the best tablet money (Yes even at $800) could buy.

I'll probably get blasted for this but, to be honest; all the wining and jealousy I have seen has been mostly on this forum. I really like Android but, I also like Apple products but, the posters on this forum are much more borderline hostile and defensive than on the Ipad forum I visit.

There are a few on the Ipad forum that you can tell are fanboys but, for the most part; it's pretty relaxed and civil. They have discussed the Xoom and a lot of them actually like it.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'll probably get blasted for this but, to be honest; all the wining and jealousy I have seen has been mostly on this forum. I really like Android but, I also like Apple products but, the posters on this forum are much more borderline hostile and defensive than on the Ipad forum I visit.

There are a few on the Ipad forum that you can tell are fanboys but, for the most part; it's pretty relaxed and civil. They have discussed the Xoom and a lot of them actually like it.

I have seen it on other forums. XDA is another example where it seems people create accounts with the sole purpose of being disrespectful. 9/10 I just ignore it. It does seems to have been pretty bad here lately, but that will die down when everyone gets bored.

"Squirrel"

I did see the Cnet comparison video. Check out the comments and there is another example of fanboys from both sides championing their respective devices.

Ipad is an amazing device with a specific market.
Xoom is an amazing device with a specific market.

For alot of people these markets may overlap, and for some the choice will be obvious, but at least now there is a choice. And there in lies the controversy.

I felt like I've been on the loosing side of new technology with the Blackberry Storm and Storm2 debacle. I don't feel that way with Android. It provides exactly what I want. An alternative that provides an equivalent experience that isn't simply the same package with new wrapping.

Last edited:

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site

You are right. All the whining and jealousy has been on this forum and it gets tiresome. If you do not like your Xoom then get rid of it and get an Ipad. If you like your Xoom, man up stop crying and let's use this forum to make out tablets even better.

xzigraz

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
The results are what they are, but I can tell you as far as opening "this" site, my iPad 2 walked all over the Zoom I used to own as far as speed.

Ymmv.

I think majority people uses tapatalk to visit this site. Not browser.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
i like how if the ipad was to win their would blow it up, but since the xoom won, they are more or less on par.

Of course if the Ipad won CNET and all the apple fanboys would be saying look how Apple blows away Android. Instead it is played off as well they really are the same and there will be excuses as to why they lost. We all know that is how it works with places like CNET and Engadget. That is why we need to use "our" place, Android Central and the other forums out there to make the Xoom even better instead of whining about what the Ipad 2 can do.

tutomate

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Persoexciternally I can appreciate both devices. From what I can see now both devices are pretty on par with a slight edge for the Ipad2. But when I think about everything the Xoom can become with the proper kernals, roms etc. I get excited. And this is not counting Flash, LTE, and microsd.

About how people react depending on who wins a specific test it has alot to do with the manufacturers. For example after the safari vs chrome test Apple came out right away to defend itself but when Anadatech did their gpu test no one came out to defend the Xoom not Motorola not Google not NVIDIA.