What do you use your Xoom for?
03-29-2011 03:35 PM
- I currently have a rooted Color Nook and use primarly to read books and watch movies, and to do occasional browsing and reading emails. What additional things do people do on their Xoom. With the Wifi unit at $599 an upgrade is affordable, but what will it buy me?03-17-2011 08:32 PMLike 1
- Well, I wanted mine because I didn't have a tablet yet. I wanted a Honeycomb tablet with a 10" screen. I watch movies, surf the web and play games on mine. I like having the 3G so I can go anywhere, like the auto shop, and have access to the web. This will allow me to keep my laptop at home on vacations and generally go places and do things I couldn't. I read books with my phone before but using the tablet is better and now I'm more willing to buy more ebooks because they are easier to read.
Going from a Nook to a Wifi Xoom won't buy you much except a larger screen. The Wifi Xoom doesn't get you much besides a true tablet OS. That will probably eventually come to the Nook.03-17-2011 09:13 PM
- Its bigger and faster, with an improved operating system. The core applications have been redone to work better with a tablet; Gmail, gtalk, the browser several other applications that if you enjoy the nook version, you will enjoy on a larger, relatively faster display.
And I'm not all up to snuff on what the nook is able to do. I know there is a functional version of honeycomb running. Are the new apps working, Bluetooth, GPS, no cameras, the other obvious stuff?
Either way its hard to justify two tablets. One more than likely gets thrown to the wayside.03-17-2011 09:45 PM
- 03-18-2011 07:56 AM
- Check this thread - a lot of good uses already
http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...most-used.html03-18-2011 08:50 AM
- 03-18-2011 09:01 AM
- I use mine for all manner of multitasking while at home or in the office. Right now my laptop is busy rendering a video so I picked up the xoom to check forums, email, twitter, etc. While on the road I use it on 3g at airports,in hotels,in the car,etc pretty much as a laptop replacement. I have the thumb keyboard buried have it set to standard keyboard and I findthat I can almost touch type on it...kind of six finger hunt and Peck that is actually acceptably fast and accurate with the aid of auto correct. Typing this on it.then too its primary purpose was to be a digital portfolio at which IMHO it excells. It is my second tablet after about 4 months with the Archos 101. No regrets.03-18-2011 10:45 AM
- I use my xoom for corporate work and pleasure. Read my enterprise post at HTTP://WWW.jeff-blankenship.com. the pleasure side I read RSS feeds, newspapers, ebooks and of course games galore.
Did use the the gtalk video chat to watch my 6 yo color while I was away on business.
Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk03-21-2011 09:23 PM
- I am interested in the xoom especially with the wifi version coming out this weekend. I have had the luxury of playing with one at work and it seemed to be really nice. My question though, is what do you guys do with it? Everyone these days has a computer, probably a laptop at that. So, what do you do with it? How do you use it? As nice as they are, I'm not really sure how i would use it. I have read a lot of people saying they use it a lot more than they anticipated, but no one really has gone in to much detail about what they do with it. What I will probably do is pick one up Sunday and return it if need be, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.
THANKS!03-25-2011 09:48 AM
- 03-25-2011 10:00 AMLike 1
- I am a physician using electronic medical records (for 5 years). I had been using a laptop with touchscreen, but these became cost prohibitive to continue. Since adding Thumb Keyboard, I find it very usable in the patient room. Until I added the extra keyboard, though, I was close to retuning it.03-25-2011 12:13 PM
- I am a physician using electronic medical records (for 5 years). I had been using a laptop with touchscreen, but these became cost prohibitive to continue. Since adding Thumb Keyboard, I find it very usable in the patient room. Until I added the extra keyboard, though, I was close to retuning it.03-25-2011 12:23 PM
- My Xoom has pretty much replaced my laptop, I do all my web surfing from it youtubing, watching movies, listening to music cant forget angry birds and the SCUMMVM stuff is great on it with The Curse of Monkey Island. I was getting tired of my laptop cooking my parts the Xoom even overclocked runs cool.03-25-2011 03:08 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Motorola Xoom
What do you use your Xoom for?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD