Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default So where is the official Flash 10.2?

Well, it's supposed to be out today. Does Adobe usually wait awhile to add things to the market?

Global Posts
    600 Global Posts

Have patience. Its only 5 am in Cali.

Global Posts
    1,366 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I was wondering the same thing....was going to post the question but thought I would give it some time. I did see where the featured apps for tablets in the Market place grew by 11 apps. Nice, but would have liked it to be 12 apps and have one of them be the Official Flash 10.2
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,039 Global Posts

The day is not over yet.

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Anyone know, if we've already installed the "beta" flash that went around last week, will we need to uninstall that before installing the official version?

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWu View Post
    Anyone know, if we've already installed the "beta" flash that went around last week, will we need to uninstall that before installing the official version?
    I am going to uninstall it for sure. No reason to have it on there when you install the official (and definitely more recent/stable) build from the Market.

ROM
    Stock on most

They might be holding off until the latest "zero day" bug can be patched.

I was hoping to wake up to flash! Well in other news. Can anyone suggest an awesome website that uses flash to rub my apple fan boy co-workers noses in? Hulu? (it's early, I do realize the internet uses flash everywhere...). I'm just looking for some stuff to make them jealous

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Patience is not one of my virtues...

Quote Originally Posted by a4suited View Post
    I was hoping to wake up to flash! Well in other news. Can anyone suggest an awesome website that uses flash to rub my apple fan boy co-workers noses in? Hulu? (it's early, I do realize the internet uses flash everywhere...). I'm just looking for some stuff to make them jealous

Hulu won't work with any mobile device, not now, at least. If you want to impress them, try going to ESPN, Yahoo, IGN, etc. They should have video.
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

O how hd play back would be nice.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tntdroid View Post
    O how hd play back would be nice.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    I'm just glad to read that this new one coming out is really nicely optimized (and will get even better). I may even set my Browser Plug-Ins to "On" instead of "On Demand"!
    Thanked by:
    Holsum 

/rant on

You know, I am sorry but Adobe blows. Honestly, they really are lazy, I think Jobs was right. Reading that article regarding the of parts of Flash that still won't work - even after today's supposed release of 10.2 - is astounding.

- 720p video? Not working yet (coming)
    - Hardware acceleration? Not turned on or working yet (coming)
    - SCREEN TOUCHES not in full screen (seriously???) - Not working right, HOPE to be fixed at some point.

They must have the slowest, worst coders on the planet. Really , how many engineers does it take to write this stuff? I know it isn't easy, but they have had months and months now with the hardware and software (less with the software).

Boy, it seems like the quicker the web gets away from Flash, the better for everyone.

/rant off ..

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

How about Amazon VoD? Also, check out PlayOn.tv. It is Flash reliant on Android. I love it on my Droid X. They do have a iOS app and not sure how that works.
    ~Galaxy Note II, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr Maxx, Xoom (All four being 4G LTE), iPad2, iPad3 (Both WiFi)

Ultimate Fighting Championship is a great site to show off flash.

Where is the download tho? I can't see it in the market on my Xoom...
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

I don't think it's up yet.

Global Posts
    543 Global Posts

Don't see it yet either --- when you see it please let us know.

Adobe has a Flash Showcase in the Market with a showcase of Flash sites. Not saying the sites are great, stupendous and awesome, but there may be something you'd like.

https://market.android.com/details?i...adobe.showcase

You can install this today, but of course the flash sites it displays will require you to have flash.

Global Posts
    1,366 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Where is it...

ROM
    3.0.8-gda6252b

Kongregate: Play free games online for sure

It's called iSwifter. iPads can view flash sites as of March 10th (actually since Sept 2010, but since the update just recently) as well as any Android based device running via native flash. I'd suggest just hoping it works vs trying to show off considering my Xoom sits waiting for Flash and my iPad 2 streams Hulu and any flash video on the web easy.

Its in the market. Type flash 10.2 and it'll show up. It says flash 10.2 prerelease-
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,039 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 123guinness View Post
    Its in the market. Type flash 10.2 and it'll show up. It says flash 10.2 prerelease-
    That one is the leaked version that comes from an unknown and possibly unsecure site. I would stay away from this one.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast