Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default i just want to send invoices!!!

So I'm trying to use my yahoo email and gmail to send excel invoices, I can do it in yahoo, but I also need my email contact list, which I cannot find on this email setup. When I send them on my PC, I simply go to contacts and click on the client I want, then attach the in vice and send, any ideas how I can do this on the xoom? Thanks in advance!

just start typing in the to section and it will display a list of address'. you can add attachments by clicking on the paper clip.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

So do I need to actually email a person first before it saves the address, and then if I email them again and I start typing, it will come up?

I was really hoping for a contact section in my email like what you have if you're using yahoo on a PC....

no it will choose from your address book. if you start typing it will start to display contacts. then you can choose for those it list.
    Last edited by r8trfan; 03-19-2011 at 08:49 PM. Reason: addendum

Are you trying to use the Yahoo Client on your Xoom or are you logging into the web site? If you are using the Yahoo Client, then the addresses are pulled from your Address Book. When you are composing a message, click on Address Book under the To line and it will pull up your Yahoo contacts. These are not the same as the "contacts" on your Xoom which are pulled from your Gmail account.

As far as Gmail goes, you should be able to use the type ahead feature that was mentioned above. All of your contacts for Gmail are the same as the Contacts on your Xoom. The contacts are stored in the cloud and are available whether you are on a PC, or any Android device. If you have contacts in your Yahoo account that are not in Gmail, and you want them there, follow the instructions at this link to import your Yahoo Contacts to Gmail.

How to Import Your Yahoo! Mail Messages and Contacts Into Gmail - About Email

If you want your Gmail contacts into your Yahoo Address book, then follow the instructions at this link

Adding Contacts: Importing Contacts From Other Accounts | Yahoo! Contacts Help
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I'm using the email icon and its set up as my yahoo account. This is the account I cant get my contacts from. Their is nowhere I can click on any kind of address book. I also have the yahoo app and have my contacts their, but I can't attach any files through this app, I don't get it. Is their some other client I need to find that I'm not using?

Go to your Yahoo Contacts...
    Export your yahoo address book as a CSV file...

Go you Gmail account then import that CSV file.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I think I need to get some tech support on this one, damit

Thanks for the help though guys

Quote Originally Posted by timmyboy188 View Post
    I think I need to get some tech support on this one, damit

Thanks for the help though guys
    No need for tech support. Just follow the simple steps in the first link I posted above to import your yahoo contacts into Gmail. The Android email client, like the Gmail client uses your Gmail account contacts.

Also be sure to go into settings, accounts and make sure contacts are set to sync. If your contact sync is not enabled, you won't have access to them.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Finally got it working, not sure I can even explain what I was doing wrong, but I had to setup my emails a certain way for it to work right...

Thanks for all your help.