Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default File Manager

Anyone know of a good file manager that works good for an unrooted Xoom?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by SergeantDroid View Post
    Anyone know of a good file manager that works good for an unrooted Xoom?
    i dont have a xoom but i will assume that Astro should work just aswell on a xoom
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

+1 for Astro
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom

Astro and Bluetooth File Manager. Both are good and are pretty much the same exact app except the Bluetooth one allows bluetooth transferring.
    Hell does not start with an "H", it starts with an "E" and ends with an "H" and displays art within its realm......................Anyone??

AndroZip File Manager works like a champ for me. Besides all the basic file mgmnt stuff, it can decompress archives and install apk's.

I use ES File Manager, it also allows you to connect to your desktop computer via wifi, so you can transfer files to your Xoom easily.

I tried using Astro, but it had a lot problems with crashing.

I use File Station. It offers a very nice view. Similar to a desktop.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks for the replies. I will try some of these and figure out what works best for me.
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,019 Global Posts

Astro gets my vote!

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Deff astro!!!!

My only complaint with Astro is that if I am trying to move or transfer a ZIP file, it instead wants to unzip it. Similar problem with APKs, it always wants to install them. Possibly there is a setting somewhere to over-ride this. I have been falling back on OI File Manager in those cases, and it's working fine.

I use Astro (free version) and think it's very good.

I haven't seen this mentioned, so I thought I'd just throw this out there: Many of the reviewer comments listed on the Astro app in the Google Market are now giving the app low ratings because apparently the reviewers have read somewhere the that the developer is no longer supporting the app. I don't see why that's a reason to rate the app poorly nor one to avoid using the app... Even if the app is at end of life, free is free, and good is good.