Wifi Only - micro-SD?
07-05-2011 11:20 AM
- What!? Seriously? The MicroSD slot does not work? I hadn't tried it yet, but when I get home, I'm going to test and double check that on my wi-fi only Xoom. If that doesn't work, this thing may be going back to CostCo. I can't believe they would not include such a simple feature.04-06-2011 04:00 PM
- What!? Seriously? The MicroSD slot does not work? I hadn't tried it yet, but when I get home, I'm going to test and double check that on my wi-fi only Xoom. If that doesn't work, this thing may be going back to CostCo. I can't believe they would not include such a simple feature.
Rest assured, if anymore honeycomb tablets are released with sd slots - if the Xoom's isn't working yet, they won't be either.04-06-2011 04:40 PM
- What!? Seriously? The MicroSD slot does not work? I hadn't tried it yet, but when I get home, I'm going to test and double check that on my wi-fi only Xoom. If that doesn't work, this thing may be going back to CostCo. I can't believe they would not include such a simple feature.04-06-2011 04:59 PM
Now, if it didn't have one or was never going to be updated, fine, but damn. calm down haha04-06-2011 06:49 PM
- It does seem rather odd though. My wife's gtablet has both an SD card slot and a USB disk and they both work well. I know it is an earlier version of Android, but it should be a simple thing to carry over. In fact, one of the root version has USB disk access that was copied from the gtablet; so why didn't Google/Motorola include it in the Xoom?04-06-2011 08:51 PM
- tntdroidDroideratorIt does seem rather odd though. My wife's gtablet has both an SD card slot and a USB disk and they both work well. I know it is an earlier version of Android, but it should be a simple thing to carry over. In fact, one of the root version has USB disk access that was copied from the gtablet; so why didn't Google/Motorola include it in the Xoom?
Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk04-06-2011 09:01 PM
Motorola/Google have been advertising a fix early Q2, aka this month.04-06-2011 10:11 PM
- Are you saying you spent $600 on something that you did little to no research on? Is your internal 32GB drive full already, requiring this extra storage? Do you actually have a microSD on hand to use?
Motorola/Google have been advertising a fix early Q2, aka this month.
Patience my young paduwon...
Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk.04-07-2011 12:15 AMLike 1
that gets filed along side the Fry's "White Sticker of Death..."
Niice....04-07-2011 10:35 AM
- OMG! I haven't even had my Nexus S 3 months and I'm still getting used to that after being tortured by Blackberry for two years. So last night, my friend stops by and says, "Throw on some clothes I need you to help me to pick out some stuff at Future Shop and they close in an hour". Well I obliged and we arrived with half an hour to spare. So I help her pick out a kindle case then she wants to look at tablets. Okay, being broke with no hope of any significant income soon, I haven't done a whole lot of research on tablets. She wants to know which one she should by, so my mind down shifts into third and the gears are squealing. Okay, right off the top, "Blackberry anything" is out, Acer with a windows 7 OS? Don't think so. No Samsung, okay don't have to think about that, that leaves the Xoom and the iPad. iPad with everything IOS, no open source, and the fact that I love my droid, I'm saying, okay, if it were me, I would definitely go with the Xoom. So she tells the guy "Okay, I'll take two of the Xoom things". At first I was confused, then I realized she was buying me one as well. OMG! How do you accept a gift like that? Especially here with the damn 12% HST. Then you have to buy the screen protector and the case. I can't believe someone would do something so nice for me. Then she took me to the drugstore and bought me all kinds of extra goodies. Shock and Awe.
But now I have to wait for another update for my SD card to work? LOL, guess I'll just have to live with that. Can someone let me know when the update comes out?06-10-2011 07:34 PM
- I love how people jump on homeboy up a few comments ago for being frustrated that you can spend $600 on a device that HAS a micro sd card slot without knowing that it's not yet activated. I mean the guy has plenty good reason to be unsatisfied with his purchase. This has been a bone of contention with me as well.
It does suck that you can go buy a Xoom that HAS a micro sd card slot built right into it but doesn't work out of the box? If you got home one day and someone had surprised you with a brand new car in your driveway but then when you went to drive it found out that you could only use first gear until they could come over and install a specific part for the car and months go by and you never even get word from them as to when the car will be FULLY operational it doesn't take too many days of staring at the car in the driveway before you start to resent it, whether a free car or a $600 Xoom. Having something that doesn't deliver what it implies is bad business and only fuels buyers remorse.
Next thing you know you find the market updated with movies for rent. Great feature. Awesome. But I've already got movies that I've PURCHASED that I would love to side load to an SD CARD, but that doesn't seem to be much of a priority. Not to mention a Netflix subscription that I also already pay for but can't use that ether. It's always go buy the next thing, pay for the next service sign up for the next program until eventually go upgrade to the next $600 half baked product that wont work until the next one comes to market.
And spare me all the JUST ARROUND THE CORNER BE PATIENT comments from all you know-it-alls who went after homeboy. You've been saying that for MONTHS now! Meanwhile the newer and better tablets are coming to market and my Xoom STILL doesn't operate how it is supposed to.
Lots of exciting stuff happening with Google and the Xoom is an awesome tablet. It just seems like Android is getting a little too big for it's britches when you can't sell one to any random person at Best Buy without sending them threw MONTHS of research in computer programming and form thread after form thread after form thread after form thread. You've got to admit that outside of all the fanboy excitement it's a little bit lame. When a $600 electronic product hits market it should WORK!
Please don't crucify me or think that I'm not in love with Android. I just get tired of all the fan boy hype. Whether it's Google or Motorola or Netflix or whoever's fault it is I just think someone should be held accountable for selling (expensive) high tech gadgets that are so high tech that they never (or at least rarely) work right. Then again, what do I know, I'm probably just an ***** who is holding the phone wrong...07-03-2011 04:34 PM
- tntdroidDroideratorWell the car part got me thinking that yes it does stink in that way. I knew like most others it wasn't work but if I didn't really know about the Xoom and got it as a gift I would think it was broken. Then have to find out what's wrong and wait for it to be fixed. The Xoom should have been release if like this just online to people who want it to develop or know its not 100%. Should not have been sold to the mass public as it is.
sent by CyanogenMod X07-03-2011 05:46 PM
- mooscGrand Master MooscI haven't had any issues with my xoom.no freezes no reboots or stalls. plenty of my apps carry over and work
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk07-05-2011 11:20 AM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Motorola Xoom
Wifi Only - micro-SD?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD