Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Does your Xoom run dirty/laggy after a few days of uptime?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it does

31 40.79%
  • No, not that I have noticed.

45 59.21%
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

Default Xoom runs "dirty" after several days

Hey, guys. Loving my Xoom. For me, it's way more functional than my iPad. That being said, I wanted to get feedback from the community on an issue that I have been experiencing.

After a few days, the Xoom starts to run "dirty". It lags and programs take longer to launch, web pages take longer to load, and desktop scrolling is no longer smooth. A reboot promptly fixes this, which makes me think it's a RAM issue. It reminds me of the old days of Android; the earlier versions. I was kind of hoping those days were over. Since Froyo, I haven't seen any issues like this on my Android phones.

Are other people running into this?
    Thanked by:
    ncl 

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I run into it seemingly every day. My problems usually end up in the browser.. it wont load pages, takes forever, etc. Even force-closing doesn't really do the trick, usually just reboot.
    Thanked by:
    Arun01 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zlmoore View Post
    I run into it seemingly every day. My problems usually end up in the browser.. it wont load pages, takes forever, etc. Even force-closing doesn't really do the trick, usually just reboot.
    Yeah, I have run into an issue where the browser refuses to load graphics on websites and only force closing it will resolve the issue. The browser definitely runs crappy after a while.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

i havent had any lag with my xoom. been working perfect and i bought it on release day within the hour it was released.
    Last edited by bbalz; 03-23-2011 at 07:03 PM.
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Valid question. I have the same issue.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tntdroid View Post
    Never had this happen. The only 'dirty' (according to the OP from ATL) that I can even recognize are the Accuweather and Weather bug widgets not loading instantly for me.

Otherwise all the things he mentions work perfectly for me.

Mine has been working great.

Mine has been working great too. I use it pretty much non-stop. My Xoom is super zippy and issue free... knock on wood.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tntdroid View Post
    Tntdroid, do you have Widgets on your desktop? How about live wallpaper? Maybe it's just something we're doing.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Really, bbalz? Don't you think you are over reacting simply because he mentioned the ipad?
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Its not. Its just like my x after being on for a few days it can start to lag. It not even a issue for me. I do have the browser even after a few hours turn black and I see my home screen through the browser. Reboot fixes that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Arun01 

My only issue has been the Youtube widget. It takes ions to load if it loads at all.

Mine just work fine.

I run into these lags every couple to few days and have to reboot it to make it snappy again.

I don't see any reason these apps or my connections would cause me to experience these lags but I'll throw it out there ...

I'm a heavy user of three apps daily: Pulse, TweetCaster and the stock Browser. Less frequently used apps are Kindle, the music player and some occasional games. I'm also on WiFi almost exclusively, rarely on 3G.
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Even if I leave my PC on all day it slows down. Reboot always work for PC phone and the Xoom.

Only time I've noticed "lag" is when running live wallpapers, which is why I never cared for them. Using recources I need for other things.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,079 Global Posts

I don't have a live wallpaper, I don't have a lot of widgets (only the browser widget) and only a few app icons and I have issues with the browser lagging, my emails will stop syncing, my Wi-Fi will stop working and some of my games will freeze up. I just turn off the Xoom when I am done using it and turn it back on at the beginning of the day and it works better now but if I leave it I start having issues again. Looks like a software issue.
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

I wonder if it has anything to do with apps/Widgets/web pages or the wifi bug.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drew2u View Post
    I run into these lags every couple to few days and have to reboot it to make it snappy again.

I don't see any reason these apps or my connections would cause me to experience these lags but I'll throw it out there ...

I'm a heavy user of three apps daily: Pulse, TweetCaster and the stock Browser. Less frequently used apps are Kindle, the music player and some occasional games. I'm also on WiFi almost exclusively, rarely on 3G.
    I use Pulse daily as well. Tonight, my Xoom ran slower and slower and then just locked up completely. I restarted it and now it runs like a dream. I just wish the reboots weren't necessary. I was hoping we had moved past that with mobile OS's.

ive noticed lag but in a slightly different way. My original Xoom did not show this but my new one does (had to swap due to a camera issue with the lens). I am running circle launch on my home screen and when i power up the xoom i get grayed out basic icons for a few secs then the screen refreshes and shows the normal ones.

That's kind of funny because I feel the xoom runs better the longer I have it up. I almost never reboot the device. I will say it does have its qwerks. Occasionally widgets won't load or early update. Overall I really like the device

I sometimes get lagg on my evo...it always happens when it is going from 3g to 4g or from cell to wifi. I am wondering if it is searching for a 3g signal even though your on wifi?? Can you turn the 3g off all the way? If that fixes it post back...

Global Posts
    925 Global Posts

I occasionally get a bout of lag on the Xoom after it's been up for awhile but I'm attributing it to some incompatible apps that I side loaded. The browser and market tends to bug out the most out of anything I use on the Xoom, however.