View Poll Results: Does your Xoom run dirty/laggy after a few days of uptime?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it does

31 40.79%
  • No, not that I have noticed.

45 59.21%
    Hey, guys. Loving my Xoom. For me, it's way more functional than my iPad. That being said, I wanted to get feedback from the community on an issue that I have been experiencing.

After a few days, the Xoom starts to run "dirty". It lags and programs take longer to launch, web pages take longer to load, and desktop scrolling is no longer smooth. A reboot promptly fixes this, which makes me think it's a RAM issue. It reminds me of the old days of Android; the earlier versions. I was kind of hoping those days were over. Since Froyo, I haven't seen any issues like this on my Android phones.

Are other people running into this?
    ncl likes this.
    03-23-2011 05:26 PM
    I run into it seemingly every day. My problems usually end up in the browser.. it wont load pages, takes forever, etc. Even force-closing doesn't really do the trick, usually just reboot.
    Arun01 likes this.
    03-23-2011 05:46 PM
    I run into it seemingly every day. My problems usually end up in the browser.. it wont load pages, takes forever, etc. Even force-closing doesn't really do the trick, usually just reboot.
    Yeah, I have run into an issue where the browser refuses to load graphics on websites and only force closing it will resolve the issue. The browser definitely runs crappy after a while.
    03-23-2011 05:47 PM
    i havent had any lag with my xoom. been working perfect and i bought it on release day within the hour it was released.
    03-23-2011 06:38 PM
    Valid question. I have the same issue.
    gravage likes this.
    03-23-2011 06:42 PM
    Never had this happen. The only 'dirty' (according to the OP from ATL) that I can even recognize are the Accuweather and Weather bug widgets not loading instantly for me.

Otherwise all the things he mentions work perfectly for me.
    03-23-2011 06:44 PM
    Mine has been working great.
    03-23-2011 06:51 PM
    Mine has been working great too. I use it pretty much non-stop. My Xoom is super zippy and issue free... knock on wood.
    03-23-2011 06:59 PM
    Tntdroid, do you have Widgets on your desktop? How about live wallpaper? Maybe it's just something we're doing.
    03-23-2011 07:04 PM
    Really, bbalz? Don't you think you are over reacting simply because he mentioned the ipad?
    03-23-2011 07:06 PM
    Its not. Its just like my x after being on for a few days it can start to lag. It not even a issue for me. I do have the browser even after a few hours turn black and I see my home screen through the browser. Reboot fixes that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Arun01 likes this.
    03-23-2011 07:07 PM
    My only issue has been the Youtube widget. It takes ions to load if it loads at all.
    03-23-2011 07:38 PM
    Mine just work fine.
    03-23-2011 07:57 PM
    I run into these lags every couple to few days and have to reboot it to make it snappy again.

I don't see any reason these apps or my connections would cause me to experience these lags but I'll throw it out there ...

I'm a heavy user of three apps daily: Pulse, TweetCaster and the stock Browser. Less frequently used apps are Kindle, the music player and some occasional games. I'm also on WiFi almost exclusively, rarely on 3G.
    03-23-2011 08:04 PM
    Even if I leave my PC on all day it slows down. Reboot always work for PC phone and the Xoom.
    03-23-2011 08:45 PM
    Only time I've noticed "lag" is when running live wallpapers, which is why I never cared for them. Using recources I need for other things.
    03-23-2011 08:56 PM
    I don't have a live wallpaper, I don't have a lot of widgets (only the browser widget) and only a few app icons and I have issues with the browser lagging, my emails will stop syncing, my Wi-Fi will stop working and some of my games will freeze up. I just turn off the Xoom when I am done using it and turn it back on at the beginning of the day and it works better now but if I leave it I start having issues again. Looks like a software issue.
    03-23-2011 09:17 PM
    I wonder if it has anything to do with apps/Widgets/web pages or the wifi bug.
    03-23-2011 09:24 PM
    I run into these lags every couple to few days and have to reboot it to make it snappy again.

I don't see any reason these apps or my connections would cause me to experience these lags but I'll throw it out there ...

I'm a heavy user of three apps daily: Pulse, TweetCaster and the stock Browser. Less frequently used apps are Kindle, the music player and some occasional games. I'm also on WiFi almost exclusively, rarely on 3G.
    I use Pulse daily as well. Tonight, my Xoom ran slower and slower and then just locked up completely. I restarted it and now it runs like a dream. I just wish the reboots weren't necessary. I was hoping we had moved past that with mobile OS's.
    03-23-2011 10:16 PM
    ive noticed lag but in a slightly different way. My original Xoom did not show this but my new one does (had to swap due to a camera issue with the lens). I am running circle launch on my home screen and when i power up the xoom i get grayed out basic icons for a few secs then the screen refreshes and shows the normal ones.
    03-23-2011 11:39 PM
    That's kind of funny because I feel the xoom runs better the longer I have it up. I almost never reboot the device. I will say it does have its qwerks. Occasionally widgets won't load or early update. Overall I really like the device
    03-23-2011 11:46 PM
    I sometimes get lagg on my evo...it always happens when it is going from 3g to 4g or from cell to wifi. I am wondering if it is searching for a 3g signal even though your on wifi?? Can you turn the 3g off all the way? If that fixes it post back...
    03-23-2011 11:58 PM
    I occasionally get a bout of lag on the Xoom after it's been up for awhile but I'm attributing it to some incompatible apps that I side loaded. The browser and market tends to bug out the most out of anything I use on the Xoom, however.
    03-24-2011 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD