Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Newbie needs movie help please!

Just picked up a Xoom yesterday...
    I have a library of movies on my server and would like to move some of them
    onto the xoom....

Is this OK.....will it work? Whats the best abdroid app to watch movies?

Lv on vacation Sunday would like to include a few movies to take with me on the xoom...

Thanks for the help!

I use rockplayer for my movies. It is add supported but they are not intrusive.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    I use rockplayer for my movies. It is add supported but they are not intrusive.
    I used rockplayer for a while and didnt really like it. It might have been updated since, but the playback and seeking was pretty terrible. That being said, I dont have a better choice.

I'm waiting or VLC. It was awesome on the iPad.
    Sprint Evo 4G
    Fresh 3.5.0 ROM

The Analyst in You

Try MoboPlayer. I liked it better than RockPlayer

Swann's Optimus V

Quote Originally Posted by bswann View Post
    Try MoboPlayer. I liked it better than RockPlayer

Swann's Optimus V
    I couldn't find it in the market.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

mVideo Player works well on the Xoom and even gives the option to use it as a video browser and then launch the video in the player of your choice. The seek function works better than the stock player. The only benefit that the stock player has that I saw is that when the video plays, it blacks out the notifications at the bottom of the device like the clock and home button. All other players leave them lit. I use Rock Player on my Evo since it plays .avi but on the Xoom mVideo does all I need since I am converting vids to mp4 anyways..
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

thanks all for the help and advice