Screen Calibration?

tuna83

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I love my Xoom, I fear I may have a defective one.

In portrait or landscape.. the lower part of my screen is very unresponsive. The notification bar works the way it should but above that from maybe a half in of the screen... The tablet is very unresponsive. I may press the space bar when typing, 5-10 sometimes 15 times before I get a response out of it. I can however hit the notification bar just under the space bar and it will react to that every time as if it were the space bar.

Other times it can be annoying is when I'm in gtalk and I can't click where the the words you type go.

Anyone else having this issue? I can't google the issue because no one else seems to be having it. Hope I'm the only one.. As it has killed my thoughts of the tablet so far.

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad you started this thread!

I've been having a problem with the top of the lower 1/3 of the middle of the screen while playing the game Andoku (IMHO one of the best Soduko games going).

Andoku is not optimized for Honeycomb, so it plays on the Xoom in portrait mode with mixed results: the 9x9 game grid scales beautifully and fills the top 2/3 of the screen. The 3x3 control grid stays unscaled, at phone size, and sits directly below the game grid.

Whenever I hit [1] [2] or [3] in the control grid, the game responds as if I tapped the center three boxes in the bottom row of the game grid. All of the other control keys work great, it's just the top row that is directly below the game grid.

I haven't been able to tell if this was a problem with the game or with my Xoom screen, as I've detected no other problems in other apps with screen touches.

So I guess it's a great idea to find out ... are there any calibration apps or anything that would help me identify if this is an Andoku problem, or if it's a hardware problem on my Xoom?

scabsk8s

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
damn , i just started having this problem .. doe's factory reset erase everything?
edit: i fixed it , i uninstalled a few apps & it works perfect now

Last edited:

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem yesterday when I installed wave launcher from amazon. It needs that real estate to launch itself, I guess that's where the traditional style launchers would have wanted to reside.

Reactions: chirohawg

donrull

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Solution found?

I had the same issue and was happy to find this thread in a google search. I too had just installed Wave Launcher through amazon apps when the problem started happening. thefredelement mentioned uninstalling it worked, but I checked the setting in Wave Launcher and there is a settign to disable when in landscape mode. I checked the box and now everything is working fine. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction as I too thought I had a defective 1 week old Xoom!

Jcnemiroff

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm so happy I found this thread. I was having the same problem and was about to go to Best Buy and try to exchange my xoom. I uninstalled Wave Launcher and the problem is solved. Thanks everyone!!! :p