Has anyone returned their 3g to Costco and bought the Wifi only?

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought my 3G Xoom at Costco on release day and promptly canceled the required data plan. I've been using it strictly with Wifi and I'm considering returning. I know that Costco has the 90 day return policy thing but I just want to see if anyone else has returned theirs to see if they encountered any difficulties.

Also I have concerns about potential differences in performance and functionality between the 3G and the Wifi only model. Has anyone used both and found there to be any differences other than the 3G modem?

I'm kind of on the fence about whether or not to return it or not. the idea of being able to call up and activate the data some day when I go on a trip or something is very appealing to me and I do travel for work a few times a year. On the other hand, is that luxury really worth $200? I know thats a question I need to answer for myself, just wondering what others thoughts are.

TLDR Version: Did you buy a 3G Xoom at Costco and return it for a Wifi only? (Y or N) If so, any problems with the return?

Thanks!

DrWu

kellykoenig2

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I returned my 3g version and got a full refund after about 20 days. Picked up the wifi only today from there as well. No difference in performance as far as I can tell.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca