Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Xoom or Lg Slate?

Any thoughts on which would be a better buy? I know the G-slate can film in 3d (you need glasses to view the 3d) and the Xoom will get all future android updates but besides that what really sets them apart. I know the G-slate is smaller screen as well. I just can't decide.

Global Posts
    590 Global Posts

3D is a gimmick. It won't work properly and you won't actually use it. We are not at a point yet where we need 3D everywhere. I would go with Xoom.
    Thanked by:

You may want to think about future software updates. I don't think anyone knows how well LG will update its devices. Everyone is pretty confident that Motorola will support updates on the Xoom.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yes, i did hear that the xoom would be updated regularly. Which is very important.

I've read that the price of the Slate hasn't been released--that would be a big factor to consider.
    Thanked by:

Well the G-slate is 8.9 and has 3D cameras. What screen size do you really need.

What would you be needing the tablet for and is honeycomb the only option as you still have

Galaxy Tab 10
    Galaxy Tab 8.9
    HP touchpad
    Blackberry playbook
    The rumored nexus tab
    Ipad
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by erzhik View Post
    3D is a gimmick. It won't work properly and you won't actually use it. We are not at a point yet where we need 3D everywhere. I would go with Xoom.
    Totally agree. BTW, not a big fan of the 3D TVs.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Honestly i really want a lightweight tablet that can run online poker, which i am not even sure any of the tablets can run those type of applications. Otherwise just for web and music. The size isnt that big of a factor.