Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Xoom Wish List

I love my Xoom. I wish they would fix the:

Browser-some sites don't display properly no matter what one I use or what uas
    You tube app-keeps asking for my account
    Album art won't stay, yes I am using art grabber

I want the honeycomb to be more user friendly and keep all of the customzing options.

Oh yea, and Netflix.

Global Posts
    931 Global Posts

My minor browser issues like it freezing up and like above with the mobile websites and messed up sites. Not alot else, mostly real minor.
    The youtube app issue
    Having to sometimes double tap links

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Odd thing for the mobile sites.... I've have a very select few that load the mobile site instead of the full desktop site.

After going to the site and it loads the mobile site, I then type in ABOUTEBUG and then just type in the page again and it loads the desktop site.

Annoying to do each time but it loads it normally then. Odd that you dont have to go into the uas after typing int he ABOUTEBUG, you just type in the full website address and it loads properly. Wish it loaded how it should the first time without having to take extra steps though.

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing!

Fix Pandora and XM apps. Yea, and Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by gregg37 View Post
    Fix Pandora and XM apps. Yea, and Netflix.
    Here is the Nook Color Pandora .apk. It only works in portrait but I run it in the background anyway. It shows in the Notification bar on the WiFi Xoom, and works great....only complaint is you need to log in every time you open it.

Now Rocking the Moto Razr Maxx HD ... Ahhh no longer a slave to the carger overlords
    Verizon Nexus..For Real?..Silly! ... Loved it but the Power Button Broke
    My Incredible...Insensitive Minimalist 2.3.1...Radio: 07.07...S-OFF
    My WiFi Xoom - Box Stock
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts

for those having browser issues I highly recomend Opera Mobile browser. Works great for me and has flash support.

More responsive "clicking" in the browser.

Better frame-rate on animations (it's only eye-candy, but it makes an impression one way or the other).

More tablet-optimized apps.

SDcard?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I am also having issues with the wifi connection and or having to reboot to get it to browse the web faster. Its getting annoying but I am used to having early adopter blues. Does anyone have any idea when they will be releasing updates?

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWu View Post
    for those having browser issues I highly recomend Opera Mobile browser. Works great for me and has flash support.
    Does it display pages as mobile? That is all I care about.

More tutorials on how to customize it and use it to it's maximum capability. As far as it needing fixes, I'm sure it can and eventually will be fixed as Droid listens to it's customers. Honeycomb is the chit!
    The only bad thing about my Xoom is it's got a rap sheet for raping iPad's
    Thanked by:
    koxler 
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,199 Global Posts

My main problem with the Xoom WiFi (so far) is the lack of USB mass storage mode. My Evo I can plug into any computer and simply mount the device as a "drive". The Xoom- nope. And I heard NOTHING about that until I encountered it and then searched for info. It is so annoying (this whole MTP crap) that I am actually considering taking it back for a refund now.

I certainly hope this is not going to be the "norm" with Android 3.0+ devices
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    My main problem with the Xoom WiFi (so far) is the lack of USB mass storage mode. My Evo I can plug into any computer and simply mount the device as a "drive". The Xoom- nope. And I heard NOTHING about that until I encountered it and then searched for info. It is so annoying (this whole MTP crap) that I am actually considering taking it back for a refund now.

I certainly hope this is not going to be the "norm" with Android 3.0+ devices
    D

That's strange, I plugged my Xoom into my PC and instantly was able to transfer music with no issue whatsoever. I can see all folders and files as well just like a hard drive.

Quote Originally Posted by deezus View Post
    I love my Xoom. I wish they would fix the:

Browser-some sites don't display properly no matter what one I use or what uas
    You tube app-keeps asking for my account
    Album art won't stay, yes I am using art grabber

I want the honeycomb to be more user friendly and keep all of the customzing options.

Oh yea, and Netflix.
    For the album art issue, go to settings > applications and go to music, and then clear data. When you relaunch the music player it should fix the issue. I was having a similar issue and someone posted this ffix and it worked for me.

I would like to see multiuser support, pandora fixed. Is there a way to dock the a dress bar to top of browser? I hate having to go to top to refresh or access tabs.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

The stock browser died, so Dolphin it is. Firefox you say?
    The power dongle is too small and ill fitting at the bottom of the unit.
    Why no USB power sourcing?
    The aftermarket Motorola case is too cheap for the $$.
    The leather case I bought is ok, but the cardboard support to stand up has folded. Nice $50 blown.
    Quick Office is a good purchase @ $9.99 plus tax...available NOW.
    When do we get our SD card?
    Has anyone installed the fish tank live wallpaper? It's AWESOME.
    Keep on XOOMin' I love mine...waiting for 4G.
    That will be all...
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by EvoXOhio View Post
    For the album art issue, go to settings > applications and go to music, and then clear data. When you relaunch the music player it should fix the issue. I was having a similar issue and someone posted this ffix and it worked for me.
    Thanks this did the trick!
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,199 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezus View Post
    D

That's strange, I plugged my Xoom into my PC and instantly was able to transfer music with no issue whatsoever. I can see all folders and files as well just like a hard drive.
    That means you are using MS-Windows. I am not. MTP ( ) is a semi-proprietary, Microsoft-centric, non-universal protocol. Those using Mac and Linux and BSD will not have automatic, easy, rapid access to the device. We have to load special "stuff" and follow strange procedures to get it to work (which I did, but it is still a pain in the *ss and it means there is a high likelihood that I will have to plug it into other such machines that don't have all the "stuff" installed; nor will I remember how I did it)

I, for one, am extremely irritated that they did not implement USB Mass Storage Device Class like every other Android device, and every flash drive, and every USB hard drive, and most phones, and many media players, etc, etc

Transition effects from Launcher Pro......

First of all I LOVE my xoom, that being said I was pretty pissed when the second day I had it I got this "low disk space" error and every app force closed if I tryed to open it (oddly enough this hapened to me on my old incredible) it said 29GB was beeing used up by apps, finally was able to do factory reset, forum mod said that motorola knew abt the problem and that it would be fixed in the next software update.
    I really don't understand why they couldn't make a desktop uastring setting?

I'm also having the absolute hardest time trying to make a wifi hotspot for my xoom from my fascinate, I have tryed EVERYTHING and yes I understand that it must be bluetooth, this is more of an issue with my phone though I'm guessing (superclean 2.9 w/ voodoo lagfix/color/sound)

Like I said though I absolutely love my xoom and when I'm home it travels from room to room with me (including the restroom :O )

A tablet-centric Skype app!
    Founder, Locomo Labs - http://locomolabs.com - @locomolabs

Friend Me (FREE -- Honeycomb Optimized) - A tablet-optimized experience for Facebook.
    TweetComb (FREE -- Honeycomb Optimized) - A Twitter client optimized for your Honeycomb tablet.
    Newsr (FREE -- Honeycomb Optimized) - A Google Reader client optimized for your Honeycomb tablet.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    ROM
    Almost always stock.

The clear data trick worked for most of my album art!!!

Gimme an iPad version of the SiriusXM app. Gimme the Google Voice app. Louder keyboard clicks. Gimme a way to set desktop view for all websites.
    Gimme back the original Android notification/ringtone sounds. These new ones suck.
    Last edited by S_C_B; 03-30-2011 at 12:18 AM.

The screen - the screen suck! I played with the xoom at the store for I don't know how many total hours, but somehow I tried hard to convince myself that it'll be different when I actually own the device. Boy I was wrong. The screen still suck even at the highest settings. No contrast at all (washed-out). Even with the higher resolution, my 1st gen iPad still looks better.

Can't see my phone as an AP (something to do with ad-hoc not supported, etc.). I know there's a lot of so called "solution" out there, but heck all of my older device/gadgets didn't have this problem, and yes my iPad included works.

Which brings me to the GPS... I know on my other post I was so impressed on how fast this thing lock-on, but then I realized it's only good if I'm connected to a wifi - Which defeats the purpose if I'm out of the house (on the road), there's no wifi, and of course I can't freakin' tether to it. Yeah, the dang GPS won't work. Might work if I use a different app that store the maps on my tablet.

Oh well...

Default Bring up the address bar w/out scrolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasm31 View Post
    I would like to see multiuser support, pandora fixed. Is there a way to dock the a dress bar to top of browser? I hate having to go to top to refresh or access tabs.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    If you tap the webpage's tab the address bar comes up, no need to scroll back up to the top.

That's what happens when you buy a wifi only device: no GPS. The same goes for the iPad. The GPS is dependant on having a cellular radio in it for GPS functionality. Not to mention that the maps/data is mostly stored in the cloud (except for cached data).

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by maxrebo View Post
    That's what happens when you buy a wifi only device: no GPS.
    My GPS works great while te there to my droid1 via bluetooth. Was able to utilize navigation, maps and GPS based browsing results just fine!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast