Xoom Wish List

deezus

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I love my Xoom. I wish they would fix the:

Browser-some sites don't display properly no matter what one I use or what uas
You tube app-keeps asking for my account
Album art won't stay, yes I am using art grabber

I want the honeycomb to be more user friendly and keep all of the customzing options.

Oh yea, and Netflix.

drethos

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
My minor browser issues like it freezing up and like above with the mobile websites and messed up sites. Not alot else, mostly real minor.
The youtube app issue
Having to sometimes double tap links

bbalz

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Odd thing for the mobile sites.... I've have a very select few that load the mobile site instead of the full desktop site.

After going to the site and it loads the mobile site, I then type in ABOUT:DEBUG and then just type in the page again and it loads the desktop site.

Annoying to do each time but it loads it normally then. Odd that you dont have to go into the uas after typing int he ABOUT:DEBUG, you just type in the full website address and it loads properly. Wish it loaded how it should the first time without having to take extra steps though.

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
for those having browser issues I highly recomend Opera Mobile browser. Works great for me and has flash support.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
More responsive "clicking" in the browser.

Better frame-rate on animations (it's only eye-candy, but it makes an impression one way or the other).

More tablet-optimized apps.

SDcard?

deezus

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I am also having issues with the wifi connection and or having to reboot to get it to browse the web faster. Its getting annoying but I am used to having early adopter blues. Does anyone have any idea when they will be releasing updates?

timmyboy188

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
More tutorials on how to customize it and use it to it's maximum capability. As far as it needing fixes, I'm sure it can and eventually will be fixed as Droid listens to it's customers. Honeycomb is the chit!

Reactions: koxler

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
My main problem with the Xoom WiFi (so far) is the lack of USB mass storage mode. My Evo I can plug into any computer and simply mount the device as a "drive". The Xoom- nope. And I heard NOTHING about that until I encountered it and then searched for info. It is so annoying (this whole MTP crap) that I am actually considering taking it back for a refund now.

I certainly hope this is not going to be the "norm" with Android 3.0+ devices

deezus

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
My main problem with the Xoom WiFi (so far) is the lack of USB mass storage mode. My Evo I can plug into any computer and simply mount the device as a "drive". The Xoom- nope. And I heard NOTHING about that until I encountered it and then searched for info. It is so annoying (this whole MTP crap) that I am actually considering taking it back for a refund now.

I certainly hope this is not going to be the "norm" with Android 3.0+ devices
D

That's strange, I plugged my Xoom into my PC and instantly was able to transfer music with no issue whatsoever. I can see all folders and files as well just like a hard drive.

EvoXOhio

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I love my Xoom. I wish they would fix the:

Browser-some sites don't display properly no matter what one I use or what uas
You tube app-keeps asking for my account
Album art won't stay, yes I am using art grabber

I want the honeycomb to be more user friendly and keep all of the customzing options.

Oh yea, and Netflix.

For the album art issue, go to settings > applications and go to music, and then clear data. When you relaunch the music player it should fix the issue. I was having a similar issue and someone posted this ffix and it worked for me.

Chasm31

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see multiuser support, pandora fixed. Is there a way to dock the a dress bar to top of browser? I hate having to go to top to refresh or access tabs.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

grlla

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
The stock browser died, so Dolphin it is. Firefox you say?
The power dongle is too small and ill fitting at the bottom of the unit.
Why no USB power sourcing?
The aftermarket Motorola case is too cheap for the $$.
The leather case I bought is ok, but the cardboard support to stand up has folded. Nice $50 blown.
Quick Office is a good purchase @ $9.99 plus tax...available NOW.
When do we get our SD card?
Has anyone installed the fish tank live wallpaper? It's AWESOME.
Keep on XOOMin' I love mine...waiting for 4G.
That will be all...

deezus

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
For the album art issue, go to settings > applications and go to music, and then clear data. When you relaunch the music player it should fix the issue. I was having a similar issue and someone posted this ffix and it worked for me.

Thanks this did the trick!

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
D

That's strange, I plugged my Xoom into my PC and instantly was able to transfer music with no issue whatsoever. I can see all folders and files as well just like a hard drive.

That means you are using MS-Windows. I am not. MTP ( Media Transfer Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) is a semi-proprietary, Microsoft-centric, non-universal protocol. Those using Mac and Linux and BSD will not have automatic, easy, rapid access to the device. We have to load special "stuff" and follow strange procedures to get it to work (which I did, but it is still a pain in the *ss and it means there is a high likelihood that I will have to plug it into other such machines that don't have all the "stuff" installed; nor will I remember how I did it)

I, for one, am extremely irritated that they did not implement USB Mass Storage Device Class like every other Android device, and every flash drive, and every USB hard drive, and most phones, and many media players, etc, etc USB mass-storage device class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

May 12, 2010
Visit site
First of all I LOVE my xoom, that being said I was pretty pissed when the second day I had it I got this "low disk space" error and every app force closed if I tryed to open it (oddly enough this hapened to me on my old incredible) it said 29GB was beeing used up by apps, finally was able to do factory reset, forum mod said that motorola knew abt the problem and that it would be fixed in the next software update.
I really don't understand why they couldn't make a desktop uastring setting?

I'm also having the absolute hardest time trying to make a wifi hotspot for my xoom from my fascinate, I have tryed EVERYTHING and yes I understand that it must be bluetooth, this is more of an issue with my phone though I'm guessing (superclean 2.9 w/ voodoo lagfix/color/sound)

Like I said though I absolutely love my xoom and when I'm home it travels from room to room with me (including the restroom :O )