Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Syncing Messaging + Messaging App

I've really been wanting to get a Honeycomb tablet for a while, the Xoom in particular. One of the things that would be very beneficial for me is the ability to sync, view, and respond to SMS/MMS messages on my tablet, whether I get the WiFi-only model or not.

I haven't come across any methods of doing this (third-party apps or otherwise), so I thought my next best option would be to ask those who are more familiar with the Xoom.

Any thoughts?

The best I can come up with would be to use google voice and use the web interface of google voice or one of the SMS specific google voice apps.

if u have sprint they are rolling out integration with google voice soon.

google voice is going to be your only option

Keep in mind that you cannot do MMS on Google Voice.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Alright, well I will look into Google Voice support; I already use it for email. I'll also look into writing an app to do this and post if I do start on it.

someone on xda is working on an app for this purpose. its still in developmental stages Sync SMS - Synchronize text messages between tablet and phone - xda-developers
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Very nice, thank you. I was gonna look around on xda tomorrow.

also for now people have been using gtalksms which allows you to use gtalk to send sms.