No attachments for Yahoo on Xoom?

timmyboy188

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
So today one of my wholesalers sent me an email to my already setup email account on the Xoom with Yahoo. I thought maybe he forgot to attach the PDF document, because it simply wasnt in the email. Well I checked my iPhone, and when I pull up the email, it not only shows up on the email, but I can open it. Clarifying that, I'm not having a problem viewing the PDF on the Xoom, because I can't even get that far as it won't even show up in the email. On the other hand, I also have my Gmail account setup on my Xoom, and it shows the attachment, and I can open it. I mainly use my Yahoo account, but if I can't get this figured out, I may just migrate to my Gmail account all together....

Any ideas?

codered18

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
There is a setting when u first setup asking to auto download attachment on wifi. Otherwise, no attachment. Have you check that?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Reactions: timmyboy188

timmyboy188

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I had it checked. now I just unchecked it and I'm using my 3g, and I got the attachments, what gives? So if it's unchecked you get them on wifi or 3g, but they don't show up at all if that option is checked and you're on wifi?

codered18

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I believe by checking it, it auto download the attachment if it is on WiFi signal. Otherwise, you have to look at the message and manually click on the attachment to download it if you are on 3G. It was design to save bandwidth on a people with limited data plan.

On my right now, I see the attachment on the top of the page. It is not very obvious, but if you look you will see the word "Message" with a blue bar under it. If there is any attachment, there will be the word Attachment next to it. It suppose to be a tab base look...but i guess color wise, the tab wasn't very obvious.

If it is automatically download, you could try to check in the download app. In the ALL Apps page, there is an icon for download, see if it is in there too.

Reactions: timmyboy188

timmyboy188

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Something else I'm noticing is that when I send an email through my Yahoo account on the Xoom with an attachment, when I go to check that sent email from another device like my phone or PC, it doesnt show that I sent an attachment at all, just the actual email and the text itself shows, but I know it's sending the attachment to my contact?

I'm using OfficeSuite Pro from the market...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair