Zagg or Skinomi?

veccster

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered my wifi xoom and need a screen protector. Anyone have experience with both Zagg and Skinomi?

I had a skinomi on my DInc and it has been great. It peeled up because of my silicon case but Skinomi offers free lifetime replacements and I have received 4 of them thus far. They never questioned me and just kept sending them - no shipping cost either (may have changed now though).

But Zagg is seen as the "best" and I'm curious if there really is a difference.

DeusInnomen

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I just had a Zagg screen protector installed yesterday, as I have one for my Evo and like it and they have a kiosk at the mall across from my work. It was immediately apparently how much the Xoom loves fingerprints, and I also noticed how hard of a time I had keeping a grip on the tablet: it's smooth enough that it almost fell out of my hand once yesterday while I was carrying it around the house. Hooray gamer reflexes.

The Zagg has the slightest feel of resistance when you drag your finger across it. Not enough that it's a pain to use, but when I hold it while carrying it (I don't have a case yet), I feel like my grip on the device is way more secure than before.

So, for my money, I'm happy with the Zagg.

veccster

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious if the Zagg has the "orange peel effect" or not.

The Skinomi I have on my Incredible does have the effect. It's VERY subtle but I can see it when looking for it.

And all skins will have a slight drag to it. When I pull mine off my Dinc to replace, I take a few swipes on the screen and enjoy the smoothness. But I left my cover off it for a week and it was scratched while in the pocket with some keys.

veccster

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I asked the question...then went and bought the Skinomi.

It's only $15 through their website with free shipping (use the promo code: get25).

A quick paypal payment and it's on the way!

codered18

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Zagg does have a slight orange peel only if you look at it under bright light and an angle. However, straight on view, it is clear and nice if installed correctly.

Ironcladz

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I installed the Zagg last night. Made sure it was as close to perfect as possible. So far, looks great and gives a slight grip advantage over a naked screen. Very happy with no fingerprint marks!

siscim23

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered the Skinomi screen protector, 25% discount helped :p

After I placed the order I saw those full body skins, the wood and carbon fiber ones. Has anyone had experience with those? If they're good quality I'll probably skip out on a portfolio case and just get one of those skins with a laptop sleeve.

Animagus99

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I did the same thing - ordered the screen protector and then saw the skin and thought to use that with a netbook sleeve.

Looking for some guidance on the skinomi skins from anyone who has used these at all, since the reviews on other sites have not been favorable.

lcsglvr

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if the smudges will go away after a few days
micro bubbles will but I see smudges too:(:( is this common after application of Skinomi?

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com
I have skinomi.
I like it, it seems very very legit.
It is very much like installing window tint on a car, or distortion film on a bathroom window both of which I have done. I would call this "a professional product" but I am no xoom screen protector expert.

It comes with a solution that you apply to your fingers AND the actual Xoom. I bought it on amazon. It is no joke. It is recommended that you wait 12-24 hours for the solution ( spray bottle ) to dry. It felt weird putting liquid on my Xoom, but all is well. It felt tacky for a day but then, as the instructions say, it subsides and it is nice. also has lifetime warranty. I like it. My Xoom screen still looks incredible. Basically I washed my hands, cleaned the area of all "debris" etc. watch out that you get pet-hair around yourself during install. Maybe strip naked first lol...

It looks like a pipe bomb when it comes to you. I show the product, but not the application in my unbox video:
YouTube - Motorola Xoom WiFi Unbox And Critical Accessory Intro Overview