Any Tips for saving battery life and Data usage while on 3G?

Bossxii

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Ive read a few threads on phones and how to save some usage, but wondering about Honeycomb specifically.

Any tips on saving data usagw when away from wifi, as well as battery saving tips. I leave the house at 6:30am and am usully home at 5pm. I have made the battery last so far but getting close to dead by the time i get home. I was at 7% yesterday and have been under 15% several times. I just realized i had "update apps anytime" on in the settings so turned that off, but as i have limited experience with Android i would appreciate any other tips or settings i havent come across.

Thanks.

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Don't use any widgets that use data, like CNN/facebook/twitter. When you want news, just go look at the site. No need having them pull info all day if you're not necessarily going to look at it.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Ive read a few threads on phones and how to save some usage, but wondering about Honeycomb specifically.

Any tips on saving data usagw when away from wifi, as well as battery saving tips. I leave the house at 6:30am and am usully home at 5pm. I have made the battery last so far but getting close to dead by the time i get home. I was at 7% yesterday and have been under 15% several times. I just realized i had "update apps anytime" on in the settings so turned that off, but as i have limited experience with Android i would appreciate any other tips or settings i havent come across.

Thanks.

Hm, this sounds a little strange to me. Maybe you have an app or widget that's eating your battery up?

Yesterday I left my house at 8:30am, got home at 8:15pm and I used the tablet all day for streaming pandora/amazon. My hotspot on my phone crapped out a few times so I switched between wifi & 3g. I did some light youtube watching, probably around 30 minutes in all, read a little pulse and used the browser. I used it a bit this morning and am getting ready to leave for work and my battery is at exactly 50%.

battery-use.jpg