Xoom bt keyboard reviews (provide yours!!)

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

I am looking for some bluetooth keyboard recommendations for my xoom. So the question is, what are you using? how much was it? what is your experience with your keyboard? would you recommend it. I want to make a list for users here in the community so they have 1 place for reviews/suggestions:

KEYBOARDS:

Apple bt keyboard - ?? - works fine (1 review)
Motorola bluetooth keyboard - $70 - rocks/some key stickiness/good android shortcuts (3 review)

Last edited:

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
My suggestion you also need a dock if you get the keyboard. As for that question I already had an Apple bluetooth keyboard and it works fine. I haven't used it much as I use my Xoom while sitting on the sofa most of the tme.

I hope this helps.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I use the one Motorola makes and sells at VZW. It rocks. I think it was $70.

I used an Ale one before and it worked, but the shortcuts on the Motorola one are great.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Got mine from Amazon, Moto one.

Its great except when the letters stick. Its a known problem and worse for some. You will be typing along and a random letter will start repeating itself. Happens with all BT KB and we are hoping there is a fix soon.

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

xxraffyxx

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I really liked the keyboard, Has anyone out there tried any other keyboards? I'm sure a any bluetooth keyboard should work, but any other android specific keyboards? isn't the apple keyboard bluetooth?

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Keep it up guys. its nice to give users some perspective when purchasing accessories for their devices.

~ Holsum

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I really liked the keyboard, Has anyone out there tried any other keyboards? I'm sure a any bluetooth keyboard should work, but any other android specific keyboards? isn't the apple keyboard bluetooth?

I tried a whole bunch of bluetooth keyboards, they all worked.

The only "Android" specific one that I know of, with the Android shortcuts, is the Motorola one.

I really like it.

I have had the "stuck key" with every bluetooth keyboard, but it doesn't happen frequently and I've figured out how to stop it pretty quickly. The only time it was a problem is when I had spent 30 minutes typing a long 6 paragraph email, took a phone call, got distracted, made a typo, hit backspace, and backspace stuck. I was on the phone, and by the time I got the thing to stop deleting I had deleted two thirds of my email.

I got mad at the keyboard and didn't use it for a couple weeks but I'm back in the saddle.

xxraffyxx

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I tried a whole bunch of bluetooth keyboards, they all worked.

The only "Android" specific one that I know of, with the Android shortcuts, is the Motorola one.

I really like it.

I have had the "stuck key" with every bluetooth keyboard, but it doesn't happen frequently and I've figured out how to stop it pretty quickly. The only time it was a problem is when I had spent 30 minutes typing a long 6 paragraph email, took a phone call, got distracted, made a typo, hit backspace, and backspace stuck. I was on the phone, and by the time I got the thing to stop deleting I had deleted two thirds of my email.

I got mad at the keyboard and didn't use it for a couple weeks but I'm back in the saddle.

Ouch thats sucks to hear. Yeah I really like the keyboard. I'm sure once more android tablets start coming out we will see some more keyboards made.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm typing this on my xoom with my Logitech DiNovo Edge and it is working fine. Paired quickly and it was ready to go.

It fires up from sleep just as quickly as I remember it did with a PC and doesn't miss a keystroke. Obviously the touchpad/mouse features don't work. (I was kinda hoping that the circular scrolling capabilities of the touchpad would work but they don't unfortunately.)

One positive is that the touch slider volume control on the keyboard is supported so I can slide the volume up/down on the keyboard.

As for range (always a strong point of the DiNovo line of keyboards) I put the xoom at one end of the house, walked to the other end and it still registers keypresses just fine.

diNovo Edge™

Due to its size it isn't really the best match for use with a tablet like this, but the DiNovo Mini on the otherhand...

diNovo Mini™

-Suntan

gadgetluva

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
As mentioned, the apple keyboard works fine. I also have the Motorola keyboard coming as I wanted the hotkeys and other support (like being able to go back on a websites from the keyboard)

javelina11

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
well i dont like the moto dock too bulky and not portable at all. check this out.

Amazon.com: Arkon Portable Fold-Up Stand for Apple iPad, Galaxy Tab, BlackBerry Play Book: Electronics

i also picked up this skin from skinomi

Amazon.com: Skinomi Natural Dark Wood Techskin & Screen Protector For Motorola XOOM + LIFETIME REPLACEMENTS: Electronics

i love the wood look. havent gotten it yet but im gunna post a review as soon as i get it

that Akron thingy looks pretty useful. thanks for the info. keep posting folks, this is good stuff! :)

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

I am looking for some bluetooth keyboard recommendations for my xoom. So the question is, what are you using? how much was it? what is your experience with your keyboard? would you recommend it. I want to make a list for users here in the community so they have 1 place for reviews/suggestions:

KEYBOARDS:

Apple bt keyboard - ?? - works fine (1 review)
Motorola bluetooth keyboard - $70 - rocks/some key stickiness/good android shortcuts (3 review)

I'm using the Motorola BT keyboard. For the most part I like it. I have had to get used to it though. I type too fast for it sometimes. I also need to try and find a way to turn off the double backspace.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34