Noteburner settings for Xoom
04-05-2011 12:32 AM
- I am currently experimenting with Noteburner to find the optimal settings for my Xoom. I am getting some huge files with my earlier tests. These settings are running now. I think my biggest question is about the Video bitrate. When I ran the conversion first I set it to stay as the native file 640x480. Video was ok but was a little blurry. I want to take full advantage of the Xoom graphics, but without making a multi Gb file.
Handbrake comes next, but I have found several helpful Treads in here for that so far.
Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks
Currently I am using
Video Codec x264
Video Size 1280x720
Video Bitrate 2000k
Aspect Ratio Letter Box
Audio Codec aac
Audio Bitrate 128k
Audio Channel Stereo04-01-2011 10:39 AM
- well That didnt work out so well. Video looks acceptable, but it gets stuck and is really choppy. Im going to try with a Video Bit rate of 1000 next, even though I think I need to increase it to 3000. Took about 10 Hours for the movie to process.
File size wasnt bad with my settings 2.2Gb for The Wolverine Movie.
Bring on the suggestions if you have already fought this battle, Ill keep my results posted here.04-01-2011 08:50 PM
- my 1000 Bitrate run finished over night. As with the 2000 bitrate run it performes perfectly on my PC, but Rock Player Lite is super choppy and the video freezes for 15 seconds at a time.
Any Suggestions as the problem seems to be on the Xoom end. I cant see why a movie that playes flawlessly on my PC wont play without freezes and jittery video on my Xoom... GAAH.
If I cant sort the problem out my Xoom might lose its home as my primary use for the device is a media jukebox for when I travel.
Tested with MoboPlayer, RockPlayer Lite, and double twist all to the same result.04-02-2011 11:01 AM
- well Im pretty sure the Xoom is going to be homeless in a few days. Its very apparent to me that a causal user like myself is not the target audience for this device, not to mention its been out how many weeks and its still not completelyl activated. Maybe in 6 months I can look back at tablets, but Im not "hacker" enough to get this D#@N thing working like I want right now and I have blown too many days triying to get educated enough to make it work.
End rant... and God help me If I have to buy an IPad to get my media jukebox... Gaah.04-02-2011 08:22 PM
- Im right there with you. I have been completely let down by HD video playback on the Xoom. Its just to many hoops to jump through in order to get a video that might play back. I have converted one video in handbrake that did good enough but not perfect. Another video using the same settings was jumpy and paused frequently. I have no choice but to return mine while I still can because this issue is so bad I have to wonder if it can be corrected.
Even if I were to find a magical encode setting to make videos work, I really do not like the idea of having to encode all of my current movies again so they work on the Xoom.04-03-2011 11:25 AM
- Try DVD Catalyst 4, it's worked great on DVD and movie files (as long as they aren't Blu Ray, no support yet).
DVD Catalyst 4 | Tools4Movies - Home of DVD Catalyst04-04-2011 07:30 AM
- I've been using Aimersoft DVD Ripper using the settings you started with (2000K video bit rate) and I think the movies look really good. I did try a 3K bit rate and think they look a little better but the file size was getting bigger than I wanted so I comprised at 2K. Meanwhile I haven't had any problems with lock-ups, skipping, or sound sync issues. I've been impressed with honeycombs play-back of the video. Not quite as impressed with the xoom screen itself (color & brightness) but that is another issue.04-04-2011 12:09 PM
- Well I hadnt started ripping movies from DVDs yet. Was trying to manage my I Tunes files first. Anyway Thanks for all the input. The Xoom is now back in the hands of Best Buy waiting for a new home. Hoping a few months under Honeycombs belt can show me that its grown to where I can jump back in.04-05-2011 12:32 AM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Motorola Xoom
Noteburner settings for Xoom
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD