wifi gps not working

siscim23

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
You dont need data for the GPS to work, only the map. Of course when I was on the road I would see the blue dot traveling along a grey screen, or across a blurry map (zoomed in further than what was previously loaded) but alas it did work and even responded to the device rotating.

Visual360

Dec 9, 2010
www.visual360photography.com
You dont need data for the GPS to work, only the map. Of course when I was on the road I would see the blue dot traveling along a grey screen, or across a blurry map (zoomed in further than what was previously loaded) but alas it did work and even responded to the device rotating.

Okay thanks.

My xoom have a lock-on in mere seconds with a data connection, and never lock-on without. Or maybe it will lock-on, but longer than my patience can handle so I would never know. Anyway, the couple of times that I've tried it without a data connection, it always gives me a "data connection loss", and keeps on trying to lock-on with no luck.

crazie.eddie

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree that you DO NOT need a data connection, though you will need it to load a new map. I was able to run Google Maps, which would cache the local map. I can travel for a good distance and still have my location being tracked. The locally cached map is big, but once I was outside the cached map, my location was still being tracked. I just couldn't see myself on the map anymore.