connecting usb with pc

Russcausier

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi just got the xoom and its fantastic,can anyone help me I'm trying to connect the USB cable to my PC but doesn't seem to be picking the xoom up,I'm wanting to put some films on the xoom but nowhere to drag an drop,is there some settings I need to alter?really frustrating and doesn't help being a noob,I know about files it plays and what players to use,any help would be great thanks :)

myarbro

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I went through hell in a hand bag trying to figure this out. For starters, you need the Motorola USB updater available at Motos website. After you update, make sure you restart your computer. I run Windows 7 and this might just be me, but even after the USB update and restart, it STILL didnt recognize the Xoom. I finally got it to work when I unlocked the Xoom. If you have it sitting there and the screen times out, it might not work. So if you do the first steps, and still have no luck, try taking it out of screen lock mode.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Reactions: Russcausier

Russcausier

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Tried downloading on PC an xoom for the drivers,went to support then software driver and and charging,restart and nothing does it work for UK?

xzigraz

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit installed on my laptop. I connects to XOOM without any issue. XOOM will show up as a device and when I double click on it, I see the internal storage disk.

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the xoom as well and the first time I hooked it up I could see the zoom under the "computer" tab in vista. No updated driver needed. It looks like a phone icon