no sound when touching screen

ryken229

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I just picked up a wifi xoom today and am loving it, but was wondering if there is supposed to be sound/audible feedback when using the touch screen or typing or anything like that. I have the volume turned up, and the audible selection in the feedback section in settings checked, but my xoom is deathly quiet while I use it. Not sure if its supposed to be like that, any response would be appreciated, thanks!

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
check the settings under sound. See if audible selection is turned on. To get the keyboard sounds you will need to go into the language and input settings, go into configure input methods, and select the settings under the keyboard you are using. If using stock keyboard it will check "sound on keypress"

ryken229

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I have both of those checked and i'm still not hearing anything. The sound works fine for notifications or when I'm playing music, but that's it. I even rebooted after I checked those settings but that still didn't work.

ryken229

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, I tried that and I'm still not hearing anything. Just to be clear, there is supposed to be sound when you type and select icons etc, right? This isn't one of those honeycomb features that will be unlocked in some future update like the SD card thing?