1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs down Xoom just like ipad 2!!!!!

Ive come to the conclusion that when it comes to video editing....The Xoom is no better than Ipad 2 ....You can play video files in the "MOVIES" app / "Photos App" just fine that youve imported....

BUT.....Once you import videos into "IMOVIE" / "Movie Studio" You get the "Video cannot be added to your project" ERROR

....Soo ridicolous....
    Its like no matter what tablet you choose, THEY JUST WONT WORK!!!

ALL VIDEO FILES TRIED...MP4 / 720p / h.264 standard....
    Last edited by inquireQ; 04-01-2011 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Change Icon for title

Quote Originally Posted by inquireQ View Post
    Ive come to the conclusion that when it comes to video editing....The Xoom is no better than Ipad 2 ....You can play video files in the "MOVIES" app / "Photos App" just fine that youve imported....

BUT.....Once you import videos into "IMOVIE" / "Movie Studio" You get the "Video cannot be added to your project" ERROR

....Soo ridicolous....
    Its like no matter what tablet you choose, THEY JUST WONT WORK!!!

ALL VIDEO FILES TRIED...MP4 / 720p / h.264 standard....
    Try downloading rockplayer lite it plays pretty much every format
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Not a editor

Quote Originally Posted by Holsum View Post
    Try downloading rockplayer lite it plays pretty much every format
    Rock player is exactly that...A player....I need a video editor!!!

Thanks for the suggestion tho ...I already have it installed lol

Global Posts
    931 Global Posts

Idk I played with the movie editor. I was able add video and sound to it and trim the granted its video shot with the Xoom.
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,017 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drethos View Post
    Idk I played with the movie editor. I was able add video and sound to it and trim the granted its video shot with the Xoom.
    Me too. I also found it very difficlt to use. For very short projects like addind a soundtrack to a youtube video its ok, but for a huge project it would be no good.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by p08757 View Post
    Me too. I also found it very difficlt to use. For very short projects like addind a soundtrack to a youtube video its ok, but for a huge project it would be no good.

Right, I felt the same, doing small video for a bout 2 minutes, such as a blog or something would be no problem. Thats what Im trying to do, its just the 720p,mp4,h.264 video from my camcorder cannot be added to the program which is a freaking big pain in the but...

The device plays the movie fine, its just the program will not let me import it.....
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by drethos View Post
    I can add video 3easily as well from Xoom...its just video from external sources which is the problem ...especially when the video meets system requirements....

ROM
    Cyanogen mod 7 (DInc)

Yep, video and photo editing are the only things lately that still have me go back to my PC - just can't beat Premiere and CS5 (Photoshop) for that - and having a calibrated monitor...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by inquireQ View Post
    I can add video 3easily as well from Xoom...its just video from external sources which is the problem ...especially when the video meets system requirements....

Right, its the smallest thing like that which make me not want any of these tablets, I know it will be updated and be compatible with a 3rd party xoom video editing app / Future Movie Studio update, but still whats going on now???
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by azari View Post
    Yep, video and photo editing are the only things lately that still have me go back to my PC - just can't beat Premiere and CS5 (Photoshop) for that - and having a calibrated monitor...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Ok, but Premiere and Cs5 photoshop are exactly what theyre for "Professional / Pro looking jobs"....if your doing a dang vlog , and want to upload to facebook / youtube...Why the heck would someone need Premiere / cs5 for???

You dont need multiple layers, adjustment composition and multiple audio/video tracks to do 3 minute VLOG.....