Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM10.1/ 4.2.1 / Lean Kern

Default whos responsible for updating wifi Xoom

Who's responsible for updating the wifi only xoom? Is it google or is it motorola?

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Ever since the Nexus Tablet rumour, the community has changed their words around, I am positive it is Google, but ever since that rumour... its aparently Motorola, lol.

Sent from my Xoom

Global Posts
    931 Global Posts

I just hope someone updates it so the SD card can used. I've gotta hold back because I'm down to 1gb. But software I would think Google.

I sure hope we get new updates when they are released or I am going to be very pissed at motorola and would never buy another product from them again.

Because this is just honeycomb and no special ad ons from moto I think we will get a lot of updates as google updates their tablet os!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drethos View Post
    I just hope someone updates it so the SD card can used. I've gotta hold back because I'm down to 1gb. But software I would think Google.
    The micro SD will be made available through a future software update, so Google.

Having the ability to use an SD card for back-up - required by Titanium backup as well as My backup pro, using Netflix, SiriusXM radio, and of course GOOGLE VOICE would be really NICE !! Come - on Moto, compensate your early adapters (Beta - Testers), Don't punish us !! Other than that, I love my Xoom and will keep it for at least 89 days to learn Honeycomb so I'll be ready for the next Tablet that might work 100% out of the box!!!- Thanks Costco!!

It will be google, simply because there is no bloatware or extra UI skins. Any update to honeycomb will be instantly available to the Xoom.

Who releases the 3.0.1 update for the 3g xoom? Was it google or motorola? I suspect whoever pushed out that update will push out all future updates.

Quote Originally Posted by EvoXOhio View Post
    Who releases the 3.0.1 update for the 3g xoom? Was it google or motorola? I suspect whoever pushed out that update will push out all future updates.
    Motorola.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM10.1/ 4.2.1 / Lean Kern

Quote Originally Posted by EvoXOhio View Post
    I was assuming it would go thru verizon kind of cause of the 3g and lte in that model. I was asking about the wifi only xoom.
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Motorola and Google will provide updates. Motorola will probably deliver Google updates that work with their hardware. Like the SD for instance will be a kernel update that turns it on. The kernel has to be compiled for a devicce specifically.