1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Whatever happend to the Wall Street Journal tablet edition for Android?

It's still showing on their website, but the link just takes you to the the Android Market home page.

I made a query on that and was told they're only supporting one hardware product right now, and I thought it was a phone. It didn't make sense. I have been evaluating Xoom and iPad 2 for business projects and used the Xoom browser with the WSJ site and it works fine. The iPad reader can be nice in terms of text size and formatting but that platform needs the reader compared to my experience with the Xoom.

Default Only Android 2.2?

It looks like it only supports Android 2.x based tablets like the Galaxy Tab. It is not compatible with the Xoom. Don't be fooled by some sites like (xoomapps.org) which are not even showing it on a Xoom.

If you use the Xoom Market app, it auto filters apps that are 'compatible' whatever that means in this stage. If you use a web browser and try to install it it states it is not compatible.

Robert

the nook version is posted here

Default Re: Whatever happend to the Wall Street Journal tablet edition fo

A different option; you could subscribe to the WSJ through the Kindle app. Maybe something to consider when your online subscription has ended.