Are you returning your Xoom for Tansformer?

Is your Xoom going back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

drethos

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The primary problems were having are all software and should be fixed. I'm keeping it and getting the playbook as a better travel companion and leaving my Xoom snug as a bug safe at home. Viva El underdogs!

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Is the IPS screen a higher quality picture in general, or just better viewing angles?

Usually an IPS screen provides more uniform performance at any angle (not just extreme angles) so you get little to no inversion when not looking straight on. Admittedly though, the Xoom’s screen doesn’t suffer too badly from it.

In any case, IPS in and of itself won’t guarantee an excellent screen, although it is usually a good indicator. More importantly, everyone that has looked at it (and ASUS goes out of their way to market it) says that the screen is really good on the thing.

-Suntan

lobobuzz

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm keeping mine. There really is no point in chasing technology. If you keep on returning tablets, that means you don't really need a tablet. Now it's Transformer, than its Samsung 10.1, after that it will be HTC probably. Point is, you will never catch up.

I am keeping mine until Xoom 2 comes out.

Well stated and totally agree!! Love my Xoom and am way beyond caring too much about other tablets at this time... my commitment is with Xoom and continuing to integrate into my lifestyle is more than enough fun for me. :)

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Already returned it.... I found the physical dimensions just too awkward for me. I dont think 16:9ish tablets are for me personally... but to each their own.

doubldragon

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I was close to buying the Xoom, until I found out the transformer. I understand not wanting to chase technology, but if you hadn't bought either yet, which would your choice be? I was leaning Xoom, with a portable keyboard for when I needed it, plus the small amount of weight difference. But, the price might be too much for the Xoom to overcome.

If you had it to do over again, would you have still bought the Xoom?

reverendzj

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine's a keeper. Love the build quality, and I've found that I'm taking a perverse pleasure being the only one in meetings that's not using an iPad, especially when I see people doing the "two finger hunt and peck" typing and I'm blasting away with thumb keys.

siscim23

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Lol, I love that too. I thought I would never get used to Thumb keyboard, but I adjusted the size of the keys and now I barely have to look down when typing.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
If the Asus is really $400 for the 16GB version, you'd be crazy not to return it. I can get the Asus for $400 plus $20 for a 16GB microSD card. So for $420 I have the exact same screen size, processor, storage, and RAM as the XOOM but for $180 less. Not to mention the ASUS has an IPS screen which should be much nicer. Then there's the dock which is just gravy, as long as they don't give it an insane price like Motorola did with the Atrix.

I've had my Xoom for 10 days and I love it, but I am taking it back and getting the Asus for sure.

that price doesn't include the dock. The dock is an additional 150 dollars. So factor that into your final cost.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
not sure what the xoom is out side screen is. but the review I read on ausus is that the screens is difficult to see in sun light even with brightness up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

w1kk3d

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
That's the beauty of purchasing my Xoom from Costco, I have 90 days to return it. Already returned the iPad 2 in favor of the Xoom, now time to wait and see what Asus will bring with the Transformer.

The only thing I do not like about the Xoom so far is the weight, otherwise I love it!

Rhyyker

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

inphoenix

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Does the release of details and videos today change your opinion? I know you cannot update if you already voted in the poll but please share your views.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar