Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Default Black cloudy spot on Xoom screen

Alright the spot is not serious. You can barely see it but I know its there. Anyone else have something like this? I just got it 2 days ago from Bf Photo and I'm sure they could replace it but I'm so in love with it that I just don't want to go through the hassle. Its like a small little cloudyish black spot that can barely be seen on certain backgrounds. I'm wondering if it will just go away? Anyone else know about something like this?
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.

i noticed these clouds on my screen when my screen was all white (Marketplace - Loading screen) then it went away

Quote Originally Posted by alphanu22 View Post
    i noticed these clouds on my screen when my screen was all white (Marketplace - Loading screen) then it went away
    Same here. It's funny, because that's where I noticed it too. I guess it's normal, it really didn't bother me as I don't see/noticed it elsewhere.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Is that an app or are you saying at the actual loading screen? This was on your Xoom? How long did you notice this?
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.

opened up the app market, clicked on my apps, white loading screen fer couple secs, black clouds center right and lower right of the screen. then gone

im sure the XOOM was like OMFG to much white on screen... lol
    tried it for the 2nd time and it didnt show up.
    looks like the XOOM hais to warm up to show a all white screen...
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Same thing here only for a few seconds on extreme white background.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Good news from you guys lol. I can't believe how much I've became stuck to this thing hitting up eBay for all kinds of stuff lol.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
    Good news from you guys lol. I can't believe how much I've became stuck to this thing hitting up eBay for all kinds of stuff lol.
    lolwut?

Take a screenshot and post it up here.

Lol j/k, see if it'll come out in a picture. I haven't noticed any kind of cloudiness.

Quote Originally Posted by siscim23 View Post
    Take a screenshot and post it up here.

Lol j/k, see if it'll come out in a picture. I haven't noticed any kind of cloudiness.
    tried to take vid, it didnt show up :facepalm:

i noticed it too, its on every xoom. its not actually the xoom it is the background of the market while things are loading

it doesn't show on any other white image.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

No see heres the thing. I notice the spot on a white background but from a further angle. It seems to show up on like darker colored backgrounds. Like The Market has the grey background and it shows up there. Its like cloudy and dark. When theres words or images there, you dont notice it at all. Ive wiped the screen as much as I could and its not on the glass itself. Its actually imbossed in the screen. Its not to much of a big deal but I catch myself looking for it all the time now.

I think I might just send it back for a replacement. I just recieved it from BH Photo. Its just gonna drive me nuts to send something like this back and have to wait for it again. Its not a cheap device. Ive tried a couple Apps in the market for doing things to the screen but they didnt seem to work. If I can snap a picture of it I will try my best and post it up.

I've had mine for about 2 weeks and the cloud seems to be getting smaller. But then again maybe my eyes are growing immune to it

I'm feeling luckier and luckier every time I read one of these threads.

So far my XOOM has absolutely no lag, no blurry spots, and I can count the forced closures on one hand (all from incompatible apps which were immediately removed).

I should go to Vegas. ;-)

[Of course, the obligatory knock on wood was performed immediately after writing the above.]
    LMO

ROM
    ICS | Jellybean

Quote Originally Posted by Maikai.Guy View Post
    I'm feeling luckier and luckier every time I read one of these threads.

So far my XOOM has absolutely no lag, no blurry spots, and I can count the forced closures on one hand (all from incompatible apps which were immediately removed).
    Same here...

~ Droid RAZR MAXX, Stock rooted ICS
    ~ Xoom Wi-fi: Stock rooted JB
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Well I took the plunge and sent it back. BHPhoto seems to be a really realiable company. Placed the Return on line and the next day they sent me an email with directions on sending it back along with a prepaid shipping label through UPS. Made a call to them and they said since your only so many days from recieving it, there is no questions asked and we will re-send you a brand new device.

I made a decision that was hard for me lol. I just have no patience. But Im happy I did this because I know that cloudy spot would have drove me insane. Every Pixel app I tried to fix it didnt do the trick. I have used one of those apps on one of my android phones before for a colored stuck pixel and it worked perfect. So I wont totally count them out. Oh well, they recieve it tommarow and will ship me another . Cant wait lol
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Just a quick Update. Recieved the new replacement a few days ago and Im hounding the screen to find a spot. No spots. That one was indeed defected. Thanks for the tips and input guys!

Nick