I love my Xoom!
04-08-2011 01:07 PM
- I just got my Wifi Xoom two days ago, and can already tell I will be addicted to this thing! I also bought the Moto Keyboard and already have my own mouse, so web browsing on my TV has been such a relaxing experience to have! I use this on my lunch breaks and since Im addicted to Panera Bread and a local coffee shot, Im never without connection. So I felt no need to get the Verizon Version. Im typing on this thing right now!And I recomend the Moto Keyboard since it invludes Android keys and short cuts.
(It has been so crisp thanks to the internals and the amazing screen!)
(This thing zips through everything!)
(No MotoSenseWiz on this thing, so rooting is super easy, and will be the first to get updates ala Nexus One/S style.
(Apps look amazing! And games run really well!)
(Heavy my ***! I know this thing is built to last, and if you cant hold it for 30 min without crying, get the iReallyLikeABigiPodTouch)
(This is due to it being an early adopter, more than a restriction, it will grow in time. The non optimized apps arent as big of deal as everyone makes it out to be. But why use apps when I ahave a fully functional web browser)
SD Card slot not working at launch
Its still a baby, and Xoom will be for tablets what the G1 and OG DROID were for phones. Its only going to get bigger and better. I can't wait till more apps and developers make this device even better!
Sent from my Xoom via the Webs since it can!04-07-2011 07:47 PMLike 1
- Love this thing too.... great media device, speakers are amazing and the screen is pretty nice with the big resolution, a big complaint for me is that the browser won't show sites in desktop all the time it likes to go back to Android view all the freaking time, other than that it is just amazing.
Sent from my Xoom04-07-2011 11:01 PM
- 04-07-2011 11:34 PM
- Let me add to the Xoom love, I went to pick up a WiFi model on release day ultimatley decided to get the 3g/LTE one day model, and I love it, while not perfect and releasing the 4G model without 4g was a mistake (says a guy who bought one :P ) most of concerns don't seem to apparent for me.
I got it after flash was released, no pain there
navigating and browsing are fast and smooth
most apps while not optimized work, ( I will say a texting app is needed especially if you need to do a password reset with Verizion)
the biggest flaw is no Movie source, I know you can rip dvds and convert but when your on the road, and just want to grab a movie before a flight, it is and issue, I wish Amazon did a video store rather than an app store.
All in all I love this thing, and people ask about it all the time when I travel.04-08-2011 10:39 AM
- Welcome to the club. Most people with Xooms, love them, as do I. I would never see myself with an iPad2 instead of Xoom. Xoom is exactly what I was waiting for.
As for browsing, I used to use stock browser, but switched to Opera Mobile and never going back to stock unless I need to open a flash-based site since Opera doesn't support flash yet.
As for apps, I don't need too many, since I mainly use Pulse, Opera, Tapatalk, quickoffice HD and Astro. I don't really care about games.04-08-2011 10:58 AM
- I understand it will take time for a movie source (Cmon Amazon, you sell everything else lol!) And Netflix to come thru but its not as buggy as everyone makes it out to seem. Its new, no perfect, and Android is never finished completely, always new improvements and fixes down the pipeline.04-08-2011 01:07 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Motorola Xoom
I love my Xoom!
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD