Anyone waiting for a netflix app?

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
For anyone waiting for a netflix streaming app, I just tried the Amazon Prime instant streaming feature on the native browser and it works.

The quality isn't the best, and there was some stuttering, but for anyone with an Amazon Prime account, you can do unlimited streaming on your Xoom right now, without Play On.

-Suntan

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com
Right now i'm not really missing it, because I have it on my Windows Phone 7, XBox, and PS3..

I can wait, but it bothers me. One day, droid users are gonna explode those servers lol !

en28so

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
That's the main reason I might get an ipad 2. But I'm waiting for 3 months to save money and see if by then we have a netflix on the new android tablets. If not, you know what i'm getting.

bouncing

Feb 28, 2011
kenkinder.com
If I've parsed their press releases right, they aren't going to put it on Android Market. Instead it'll come preinstalled on certain Android devices as a feature of the phone. Since I'm a cyanogenmod user anyway, that's a non starter for me.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

zach_alt

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
They aren't optimizing ****, they are worried about DRM on android. That's the only reason it's not out yet. Optimization...lol

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Why would DRM on android be any different than on any other device? Netflix is already technically on android already (GoogleTV). I'm sure it's just like every other app out there. Just need time for developers to catch up to the launch. Pandora, Sirius, Netflix all have some work to do.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Why would DRM on android be any different than on any other device?

I suppose Netflix could be lying, but I don?t know why they would (common sense would say that they would want as many devices capable of playing their content as possible.)

Netflix has clearly said in a number of places that the thing holding it up is DRM concerns.

-Suntan

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Well the fact is that it looks like everyone and their mother is making a honeycomb tablet (even Packard Bell). I honestly think that honeycomb is going to replace net books. Netflix and hulu would be dumb not to get their services working on honeycomb.

I think we just need a tincture of time. For the time being I will just enjoy view my embedded flash videos.

anon(259366)

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
A netflix app is one thing I'm looking forward to over almost anything else for my Xoom. I am hoping this isn't a political move on Netfilx's part. On one side, you have Apple, with a larger tablet install base that could be trying to "convince" Netflix to take their time getting on Android tablets so that their lead in the tablet market will remain high. On the other side, you have Microsft, who developed the Silverlight plugin that Netfilx uses to stream their content. I can see Microsoft trying to "convince" Netflix to slow down as well, as they have a new mobile platform they are trying to gain traction with. Or... I could just be a paranoid nut with a tinfoil hat.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I am hoping this isn't a political move on Netfilx's part.

I don?t see that as likely. Netflix has shown that they have one thing one their mind, get streaming capabilities into as many components as the MPAA will let them.

As for Apple wanting exclusivity, I would think the opposite. Apple wants people to never use Netflix and only use itunes. I don?t think they would pay money to get exclusivity.

Microsoft maybe, but unlikely. They paid for exclusivity on the 360 and look where that got them, the PS3 still got early access to Netflix, just via a disc.

I suppose it is possible that LG has tried to corner the market, as rumors constantly claim, but that would be a major D***-move on their part and Netflix?s.

-Suntan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar