1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Default Dolphin Browser HD crashes constantly.

I'm a huge fan of the Dolphin Browser, and especially the Last Pass add-on. However, if I should go to another program, then go back to the browser, I'd say 80-90% of the time, it'll crash.

Am I the only one? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling-- no improvement.

I have the same problem. If I leave any tabs open, close Dolphin browser and then try to open back up it crashes. Also, if I have multiple tabs open, and try to switch between them or close some of them Dolphin Browser crashes.

Well the answer to this problem is Dolphin Mini...yep believe it or not..That thing is smoking!!!! Try it out.I got rid of Opera & Dolpin Hd once i found out about it & furthermore you can set browser to desktop just like in Dolphin Hd.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arun01 View Post
    Well the answer to this problem is Dolphin Mini...yep believe it or not..That thing is smoking!!!! Try it out.I got rid of Opera & Dolpin Hd once i found out about it & furthermore you can set browser to desktop just like in Dolphin Hd.
    Not sure I agree. As far as I can tell, you can't load add-ons like LastPass, plus you can't even import bookmarks into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arun01 View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I absolutely hate that Dolphin HD keeps crashing. I'll the Dolphin mini...it works great on my DX. IMO, I'd rather put my bookmarks in manually than to keep getting frustrated with the browser crashing when I'm switching from one thing to another.

I've had the same problem but i just close it down and restart and it works fine. PITA but it does work.

Yeah, same issue. I suggest we all report it, if we don't it's not likely to be fixed.

I agree that it needs to be reported. I'm using the mini version, like it a lot.

The Flash works way better in the mini version imo

Yeah I agree I like the mini version much better. It does not crash near as much and just seems to work better.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

If I could get the LastPass add-on, and importing bookmarks, in the Mini version, I'd be happy.

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by IamJAd View Post
    If I could get the LastPass add-on, and importing bookmarks, in the Mini version, I'd be happy.
    Not sure if this is what you mean in Dolphin Mini add on

Edit, NM. It appears to only be available for HD.
    Sent from my Droid Incredible / Moto Xoom

I emailed the support and they sent back an updated apk. It has yet to crash on me and it will be released as an update very shortly. It is now back to being my default browser. I haven't found a better browser than stock on phones but I must say that dolphin HD is superior on the xoom than stock.

Sent from my Xoom

Is there any way to get Dolphin HD to show the browser tab without scrolling to the top of a page? This is one thing about it that drives me crazy, but maybe I'm just missing something obvious...

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LynnL View Post
    Is there any way to get Dolphin HD to show the browser tab without scrolling to the top of a page? This is one thing about it that drives me crazy, but maybe I'm just missing something obvious...
    Hit the menu key.
    Thanked by:
    LynnL 

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by IamJAd View Post
    I uninstalled it on my Xoom. It upset me when developer's ignore emails. Not to mention the app crashing like Dolphin has been.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

See, I knew it must be something obvious. Thanks!

I just installed the 4.6 beta. Same constant crashes.

Default Re: Dolphin Browser HD crashes constantly.

I love the Dolphin HD browser, the tabs I can open, and the setup but it frustrates me when I'm in the middle of something and ALL the tabs disappear except for the one with nothing on it. This also happens when i switch programs and come back about 70% of the time along with when I turn tablet off and come back to all my tabs gone. I'm to the point of uninstalling because it wastes too much of my time and infuriates me. Meanwhile I still have my same tabs still all there on the stock browser after a month.