Web Browsing

brianalley

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the wifi only xoom and when I browse the web using default browser, it defaults to the mobile version. Is there a way to have it default to the full site because the full site looks a lot better than the mobile site?

anon(259366)

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Type about:debug into your address bar. Then go to the browser settings and look for a setting called UAstring, set that to desktop and you will be good to go.

naudan

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Also, just bookmark about:debug in your browser. That way when you do restart your tablet (which you should do every so often to keep it fast) all you got to do is open the bookmark and press Go. (easier than typing About.Debug)

Reactions: silvra7

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I posted this in the root section. If you want to root this is awesome.

ROOT ONLY! Hack has been done. Use the full browser without using the about debug trick. Credit to Sangreal06 at xda. Dl link rename to framework-res.apk. with root explorer copy from SD card and paste in system/framework. Click OK to overwrite and it will reboot. Enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kqp27761k65510z

Sent by Xoom

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
The Transformer lets you pick desktop from the browser's settings. Hopefully the Xoom will get that option in an update.

Arun01

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Or just get Dolphin Hd browser & set User Agent to "desktop" and for get it ..i got tired of doing about:debug :)

entrailies

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi
I type in about:debug into my browser address line and the screen goes white. I then click on the icon in the top right of my screen and select 'settings'. However I can not find any UAstring settings - nothing near - can you help?? I also am sick of being routed to website designed for use on android phones. Oh, I have a Xoom. Many thanks Neil

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
^ THIS. Dolphin HD is rock-solid... set it once and you're done.

I use both browsers. I use dolphin strictly when I know I'm going to use a site that forces mobile viewing. Dolphin seems to force close on me at least every other day though, which keeps the stock browser in play. Why on earth would there not be a desktop setting built in to the stock browser? Seems like it would be an easy fix for a device designed to make the full desktop experience portable.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
take a look at Maxthorn browser for tablets (in the market) -- I don't know what black sorcery went into crafting the app but this thing is speedy... make that SPEEDY! comparing load times:
stock browser = a fixer
dolphin v5 = a ford
maxthon = a ferrari

jmoney1026

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
For the time being you have to do the Debug thing. Its annoying but oh well we must just deal with it. soon hopefully the fix will come around. Love my xoom and the Browser is nice to. I do wish Dolphin Hd would work better on it though because that is a Awesome Browser on my Droid2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac