wiimote and classic controller connection help

chaguewood

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
hello all,

i am trying to connect my wiimote and classic controller for use with snesoid roms but for some reason i am getting an error that there was a problem connecting my bluetooth device, which is my wiimote. a window pops up for a split second asking for a pin, but vanishes because the wiimotes leds wont stay lit......any ideas? thanks in advance

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com
hello all,

i am trying to connect my wiimote and classic controller for use with snesoid roms but for some reason i am getting an error that there was a problem connecting my bluetooth device, which is my wiimote. a window pops up for a split second asking for a pin, but vanishes because the wiimotes leds wont stay lit......any ideas? thanks in advance

use the app:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.ccpcreations.android.WiiUseAndroid&feature=search_result

then read tutorial: i play snes all the time, and it is sweet, so worth a little elbow grease.

chaguewood

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
use the app:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.ccpcreations.android.WiiUseAndroid&feature=search_result

then read tutorial: i play snes all the time, and it is sweet, so worth a little elbow grease.

i forgot to mention that i have the app and read the tutorial. my wiimote wont seem to connect like he says in step 5. i guess i will keep trying. thanks

he also mentions that is for wiimote only.and that they posted how to connect classic controller on another post. i havent been able to find that other post u?

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com
i forgot to mention that i have the app and read the tutorial. my wiimote wont seem to connect like he says in step 5. i guess i will keep trying. thanks

he also mentions that is for wiimote only.and that they posted how to connect classic controller on another post. i havent been able to find that other post u?

the concepts are the same for the classic and motion.

the standard whammies are:
not enabling ime controller in settings/input
not mapping the keys
there is another option as well, this might be your issue:
in sNESOID --> settings / other settings: CHECK USE INPUT METHOD ( enable special input device)

you will be playing super mario world soon.

you threw me way off talking about the pin code for bluetooth synch, because you shouldn't see that. I know he didn't write the other tutorial, because I am him. lol

Last edited:

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
hello all,

The reason that you are seeing that pin stuff is because you are trying to sync over bluetooth DO NOT DO THAT. tun your bluetooth on and then the rest if the instructions are in the wiimote. click IME controller and you should see the sync in the app from there. once it is synced you can press buttons and the output will be in the wiimote app.

chaguewood

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I changed the settings in snesoid like you said and im still having problems connecting.

The Wiimote app does the following after hitting Init and Connect...:

Initializing...
Searching...
Found 1 wiimote(s)
connecting...
connected to 1 wiimotes.
Setting LEDS...

Done...
Polling button data...
Wiimote 1 disconnected
Stopping the polling process...
Stopped.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?:(

chaguewood

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
My wiimote will NOT stay on. It is driving me insane. I pushed buttons while wiimote controller was trying to sync it and for example it said pressed button WM1->8, released it blah bah but it keeps disconnecting. wtf?

kamranki

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I am facing exact same problem on an Android 4.1.1 tablet. Wiimote inits and connects succesfully (LED1 comes on) but disconnects the moment I press a key on it.