picture syncing

anachrion

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
My wife just got a xoom and can't put it down! Does anyone have any suggestions for syncing pictures/albums onto the device so that her laptop pictures can automatically go on her tablet?

Thanks in advance!

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
that is a very good question. There are a few cloud services that would work. Picasa being owned by google is intertwined with android and can view and download pictures too and from. Dropbox is also just and absolute stunning service. I would recommend going with a cloud based service as hardware tends to fail and you would want to be without those precious memories should something drastic were to happen.

ljewlove

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
My wife just got a xoom and can't put it down! Does anyone have any suggestions for syncing pictures/albums onto the device so that her laptop pictures can automatically go on her tablet?

Thanks in advance!

Congrats to your wife, do you have a xoom too? As for snycing I agree with the above post. Using a cloud app would be a good idea.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

anachrion

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Congrats to your wife, do you have a xoom too? As for snycing I agree with the above post. Using a cloud app would be a good idea.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

No, my toy of the moment is the nook color I got off ebay not too long ago. I think we both have the right devices for each of us... the xoom is user friendlier, looks cool and just works. The nook is inexpensive and I can learn how to root & swap roms without messing with my evo. She does let me play with the xoom when she's not using it though ;)

As for cloud syncing... I just set up a dropbox connecting her laptop and her xoom. The only limitation I see is, does the android client leave the pics on the device? We have the wifi xoom and won't always have access to internet to stream from the cloud. Also, the 2 GB limit is a constraint that I'm not sure I want to live with but the 50GB plan is too much and I'm not willing to pay the monthly. Ultimately what I'd like to do is take her pictures folder and move them all onto the device wirelessly. I'll keep toying with it...

reagan247

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
As for cloud syncing... I just set up a dropbox connecting her laptop and her xoom. The only limitation I see is, does the android client leave the pics on the device? We have the wifi xoom and won't always have access to internet to stream from the cloud. Also, the 2 GB limit is a constraint that I'm not sure I want to live with but the 50GB plan is too much and I'm not willing to pay the monthly. Ultimately what I'd like to do is take her pictures folder and move them all onto the device wirelessly. I'll keep toying with it...

This is what I wanted too, so I'll tell you what I did;

Go to Picasa and download the program to your wife's computer. Upload all the pictures you want to the Picasa web service and they will automatically download in your Gallery on your Xoom. Then when in the Gallery choose the settings button in the upper right corner and select "Make Available Offline" and choose which of the Picasa albums you want to stay with your Xoom. Easy as that. It will download them and always keep your pictures synced with anything you upload from the Picasa application on your computer.

lightshedder

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
File Expert to sync pics

File Expert has a smb client that will find your shared folders on a Windows machine. If you put your wife's pics in a shared folder, you can copy and paste files and whole folders from Laptop to Xoom wirelessly, but not from Xoom to Laptop. If you use SmugMug for online image storage, SmugFolio automatically downloads and stores any image you post to your SmugMug site. FlickFolio and PicFolio do the same for Flickr and Picassa.

With USB connected, of course, you can drag and drop pics and folders right into the Pictures folder on the Xoom.

Finally, soon (I hope) you will be able to put pics on a micro-SD card and transfer the whole card to the Xoom. :)

anachrion

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
This is what I wanted too, so I'll tell you what I did;

Go to Picasa and download the program to your wife's computer. Upload all the pictures you want to the Picasa web service and they will automatically download in your Gallery on your Xoom. Then when in the Gallery choose the settings button in the upper right corner and select "Make Available Offline" and choose which of the Picasa albums you want to stay with your Xoom. Easy as that. It will download them and always keep your pictures synced with anything you upload from the Picasa application on your computer.

That sounds promising, thanks!

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If you have any interest you can use doubletwist and define what album extra you want to sync. It will also back up anything on the device (taken with or loaded onto) back to the computer. It also gives a realy media player too.

anon(92709)

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Sugasync

Sugasync is another cloud based setup. You get 5gb free and it has an android app. I think it will *leave* the photos on the device as well.

might be worth a look into

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers