XOOM & Droid X ..but what about Dre Beats

jimswood4

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about buying the Dre Beats at my local target which are on sale for a good deal. The box says for IPod and I have had issues with headphones in the past that said for the Iphone. The remote features (usually one button) not working right and doing crazy things. I have a Xoom and Droid X just curious what issues ill have if any.

paparis13

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the solo and the remote doesn't work. All you can do is start/pause music player, on both my DX and Xoom. No volume control, no next feature.
Love the headphones though.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the studios and the mic and pause play works, but double tap to skip track instead calls ur last dialed number. I'm using the epicc 4g so not sure if its my phone or android in general. I think back in the day on android 1.5 with the htc hero controls useed to work, but not sure.

shingi_70

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Beats are decent but they arent the best. I'd still choose them because they're more visually pleasing rhan most others. Also try urbanears or wesec. Just dont use skullcandy they have the poorest buuild quality i've seen in a while.

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I bought em because they look nice. I'm not an audiophile so the beats sound just as good as my grados to me. And I like bass andd the beats give more slapping base than the bose imho.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
the beats are all about the looks go with some Bose headphones they are always the best

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

God no! Bose speakers and headphones are horribly over priced and sound quite poor when compared to other brands.

Get some audio technica's or some klipsch's.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
No highs no lows it must be ... Bose.

Good noise cancelling if you buy those, and that is about it

They do have decent active noise cancelling, but when I am using my ATH a700's or my klipsch S's I can't hear anything else either. Both sound much better and are considerably cheaper.

zach_alt

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
and for everyone's information, if you spend at least $40-50 on your headphones, you're not gonna be able to tell the difference in quality. Just high and low response.

anon(167668)

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
This is just me, but nine times out of ten, headphones labeled with a musicians name are crappy. Also, I am a bit of an audiophile and have a decently large array of headphones. If you don't require control buttons I highly recommend these:

Amazon.com: Klipsch IMAGE S4 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphones: Electronics

AudioCubes.com - Elecom EHP-CL430 Headphones - EHP-CL430 -

I believe the Klipsch S4 also have a version with iPod controls

I have a pair of S4s and whileheartedly agree with the recommendation. They are by far the best headphones I've used, and that included the Bose in-ear ones.