Dolphin HD browser

chemgeek

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using the Dolphin HD browser? Seems very fast compared to the stock browser, and you can set the UAstring to Desktop by default if you wish. So far it has perfomed well for me.

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Opera is now honeycomb optimized and if u enable turboboost it compresses on opera's server for faster speeds!

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I use the stock one no issues. Tried opera and that was OK. If rooted 3g Xoom they have a permanent fix for the browser to not go to mobile sites.

Sent by Xoom

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I have actually had a situation where Opera majorly outperformed the stick browser.

If you browse around developer.android.com you will that the stock browser really sucks.

REHolt218

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Looks like Dolphin HD have an update available right now. One of the items is fixed crashes on Xoom. Well here's hoping. So far so good.

I got the update yesterday and have seen a major improvement. whenever I had multiple tabs open and switched applications Dolphin Browser used to crash when I would return. It also crashed a lot when I switched between tab. I have not seen these problems since early yesterday when I got the update.

IamJAd

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I got the update yesterday and have seen a major improvement. whenever I had multiple tabs open and switched applications Dolphin Browser used to crash when I would return. It also crashed a lot when I switched between tab. I have not seen these problems since early yesterday when I got the update.

Ditto. Everyone since 4.6 got released, I haven't had HD crash once.

I'm happy again!

abausch

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I love the Dolphin Browser, but it was crashing so often that I was having to switch back to the stock browser a lot. It seems more stable since the update, so I hope that's a good sign.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I use Dolphin HD on my Xoom as well as my Droid X, and would not use anything else. I've tried others and kept coming back to Dolphin HD. Never any problems at all, never crashed on me. I use it set to Desktop. And I find it definitely fast than stock browser.

Last edited:

rlyell

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I like the Dolphin HD better than Opera or the default browser. How can I set Dolphin to be the default and hqave emial links, etc. open in Dolphin?

andxoomy

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
try going to a web site from your bookmarks.you should get a window pop up with the option to choose witch browser you want.you can set it to default from there.all your links are on the left of your screen,just swipe to the right to see them.use the menu tab to set your email as a bookmark or your home screen if you want.

anon(167668)

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I like the Dolphin HD better than Opera or the default browser. How can I set Dolphin to be the default and hqave emial links, etc. open in Dolphin?

There's an option in the Dolphin HD settings to make it the default browser. If that doesn't work, go to the xoom's settings > applications > all applications > Browser > clear defaults. Then when you open a link in gmail or another app, it'll ask you which app you want to open it as.

Jonno

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using the Dolphin HD browser? Seems very fast compared to the stock browser, and you can set the UAstring to Desktop by default if you wish. So far it has perfomed well for me.

Is this done the same way as the default browser? Using about:debug?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer