Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery/Charging issue

Firstly sorry if this has been discussed already, but I didn't see anything...

So a couple days ago, I think after I let my batter die, my Xoom will not charge.

I connect it to the charger and the little batter icon has a question mark on it, no matter how long I leave it on :/

it will still turn on as long as it is connected to the charger, but as soon as it is unplugged it dies. This is quite frustrating as it basically is a really expensive alarm clock right now haha

Is there some known way to fix this without having to take it back to Verizon?

Thanks

Wow, never heard of this issue. Hope you get it sorted quick.

Did you try to reboot it while plug, and see what happen?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

yeah this didn't seem to solve it, though this kind of happened before and that had worked fine.

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

I had a similar problem, try this unplug charger from surge protector/wall and plug in different outlet. It worked for me. Hopefully that will fix it for you and it would be a problem with your Xoom.

My plug hole stopped working too but it was because I knocked it on the floor while it was charging. Didnt scratch the machine but did mess up the charging port. Moto has a 149 service fee so thats a no go. I went and bought the standard dock for 50 bucks and it now charges. Basically my suggestion is for you try that as the dock doesnt use that port to charge..It uses that 2 pin system and usb to charge. But before buying something go to Bestbuy or wherever that sells the xoom and test their wall charger on yours. I did that too but it didnt work so it wasnt the charger. It was my unit. Give it a try as they'll let you plug it in to test. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytimes View Post
    My plug hole stopped working too
    I HATE when that happens

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Interesting that it provides power while plugged, but not charge the battery. Have you tried charging the device while completely turned off (press and hold power button)? You should see an LED light to acknowledge charging of the unit while the unit is off.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

This might not be the best answer but buy another one and return the defective one.
    Only problem is if they documented the serial # of your unit. Then if thats the case, try buying one at a place that doesn't document your serial #

Quote Originally Posted by tonytimes View Post
    My plug hole stopped working too but it was because I knocked it on the floor while it was charging. Didnt scratch the machine but did mess up the charging port. Moto has a 149 service fee so thats a no go. I went and bought the standard dock for 50 bucks and it now charges. Basically my suggestion is for you try that as the dock doesnt use that port to charge..It uses that 2 pin system and usb to charge. But before buying something go to Bestbuy or wherever that sells the xoom and test their wall charger on yours. I did that too but it didnt work so it wasnt the charger. It was my unit. Give it a try as they'll let you plug it in to test. Good luck.
    This just happened to me. Thanks for the information about the dock. Honestly, that charging port was made to break.